Dedicated Custom Quest/NPC/Item Forum Section

Leozan

Dedicated Custom Quest/NPC/Item Forum Section

Post by Leozan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:51 pm

As the title states there should be a front and center view of where visitors/players can view/post their custom content.

This feature is definitely TurtleWow’s best competitive edge against other servers imo. Unfortunately all the examples are scattered away in separate forum posts.

Please create a dedicated Custom Content tab in either the “Community” or “Gameplay” subsections. Once created also move the guides, tutorials, and other posts created by players and devs.

It might also help to have one of the devs create separate green posts for Custom Items, Custom Quest, and Custom NPC’s so players will naturally submit their work in one of those 3 posts.

Considering how toxic private server communities can get, nothing would say how great our community is by giving more spotlight to active player participation.

Heck even have competitions sometimes with prizes to fill out Wow’s empty content sections; get even more people on board. It’s all ammo against other servers since barely any have this feature! insidious_turtle

*apologies if I got any forum terminology mixed up*
LEO'ZAN
Cartel Agent
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Paw

Re: Dedicated Custom Quest/NPC/Item Forum Section

Post by Paw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:38 pm

I like this idea. Cataloging is always helpful. I was thinking of doing sth similar with guilds. The gathering part tho we can't really handle atm but if you helped out by like sorting the stuff out and list it here I would catalogue them.

Leozan

Post by Leozan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Paw wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:38 pm
I like this idea. Cataloging is always helpful. I was thinking of doing sth similar with guilds. The gathering part tho we can't really handle atm but if you helped out by like sorting the stuff out and list it here I would catalogue them.
I believe most submissions are in posts made by either dragonovi, Torta, and Mephistopheles. Issue is that contents are a bit scattered between items, quests, and npc’s.

I’m not sure which submissions are up to date in those posts to list, but we can keep those where they are atm. I was just suggesting to add a new forum subsections like this:

—-COMMUNITY———. <—-Forum Header

—Custom Content. <—— Forum Subsection *new*

—-Guides
—-New Items
—-New Quests
—-New NPC

^Forum posts

If there are separate guides for each custom database (item vs quest vs Npc) then we can place those at the top post of each respective green Forum post.
LEO'ZAN
Cartel Agent

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:51 pm

Its fun that you can just happen upon them in game as you explore. Think its enough if we'd introduce this as suggestions. Making a whole separate custom content tab sounds good would make the suggestions tab less chaotic. Opinion?

Lichenwitch

Post by Lichenwitch » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:43 am

this is a good idea. turtle wow's strength is it's community but unfortunately the forums are bit a chaotic with a lot of things not being updated or easily viewable. And separating actual submissions from suggestions will make things clearer especially for people who really want to put it the effort of making custom content but don't know where to start.
satisfied_turtle_head Jules, the Satyr insidious_turtle

Leozan

Post by Leozan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:56 pm

Paw wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:51 pm
Its fun that you can just happen upon them in game as you explore. Think its enough if we'd introduce this as suggestions. Making a whole separate custom content tab sounds good would make the suggestions tab less chaotic. Opinion?
This is what I was thinking if it helps. It would be nice to put all custom created content into one tab for easy submission and review by the devs. Since the GAMEPLAY section is less crowded and I didn't want it to conflict with COMMUNITY's Modding section.

Within just make the green posts i mentioned above for organization and you're set.
*edited image*
LEO'ZAN
Cartel Agent

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:14 pm

Leozan wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:56 pm
Paw wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:51 pm
This is what I was thinking if it helps. It would be nice to put all custom created content into one tab for easy submission and review by the devs. Since the GAMEPLAY section is less crowded and I didn't want it to conflict with COMMUNITY's Modding section.

Within just make the green posts i mentioned above for organization and you're set.
*edited image*
U've got some nice skills! Ye, I get the idea, my head is focused on a lot of different things. Sorry if I made little sense here and there! :) When it comes to that that we make changes on the forum I'm going to bring it up. I have a few other ideas as well. Thank you for bringing it to my attention! If you have any other suggestions feel free to adress me directly!

Leozan

Post by Leozan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 pm

I’m glad the picture helped, apologizes again if my wording was a bit confusing. Thank you for hearing me out.
LEO'ZAN
Cartel Agent

Jacobhue

Post by Jacobhue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:22 pm

This is a submission form for any and all lost or forgotten objects in-game. This includes items that are no longer in circulation, but may be revivable through the use of our revival system; quest NPCs or mission-givers who have disappeared from the face of the earth; or even entire instances which have been deleted from the server due to lack of attendance. www.imybkexperience.com www.mykfc-experience.com www.mybpcreditcard.one

Simply put, we want to hear about anything that's not where it should be, and I will do my best to get it back in circulation as soon as possible.