Dear Turtle, Porting Stones - A Time To Reconsider

Lahire

Re: Dear Turtle, Porting Stones - A Time To Reconsider

Post by Lahire » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:47 am

I come from the fact that it is the intended vanilla experience, so it mustn't be changed.
Because this is a vanilla-like server with more content, not a QoL server.
And I maintain that waiting and traveling are gameplay in a mmorpg because they generate social incentives.
Main: Whitemare

Henri1774

Post by Henri1774 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:58 pm

I don't find that having a porting stone alters the vanilla experience.

It's hard enough to find an instance group here, at least in my modest experience so far (level 31 for about 50 hours of play, on Classic, it seemed much easier considering the population)

Also, there is already a group search tool. It's just a quality of life improvement, and not a betrayal of the essence of vanilla. Stuffing yourself with the same endless path to the Scarlet Monastery, for example, is not an unforgettable experience.

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:18 pm

Henri1774 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:58 pm
I don't find that having a porting stone alters the vanilla experience.

It's hard enough to find an instance group here, at least in my modest experience so far (level 31 for about 50 hours of play, on Classic, it seemed much easier considering the population)

Also, there is already a group search tool. It's just a quality of life improvement, and not a betrayal of the essence of vanilla. Stuffing yourself with the same endless path to the Scarlet Monastery, for example, is not an unforgettable experience.
I agree the immersion can be maintained.