Suggestion Thread (AQ Addition+New epic eng quest etc)

Capone

Suggestion Thread (AQ Addition+New epic eng quest etc)

Post by Capone » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:57 pm

Hello Turtle-wow! I am so happy to have found Turtle Wow, as I have been playing Classic WoW for the last 2 years, but TBC classic just isn't the same. The quest lines are uninspired and its overall way too grindy. I have had some ideas that i've bounced around with my classic guild but really excited to get them in front of the Turtle WoW Development Team.

1. Creating an epic quest chain for end game engineering. I like the idea of having a quest chain at end-game for gnomish engineers and goblin engineers. This may even extend to other professions as well. For Gnomish engineers the quest chain could be to create a gnomish jetpack which allows the engineer to fly in the sky for a limited amount of time say 5-10 minutes. This jetpack could malfunction as well randomly so use at your own risk! Another idea would be a gnomish cloning device, that creates the effect similar to Jandice Barov in Scholomance where you create clones with small levels of health. This could be used for both PVP and PVE. For the goblin side, i'm not quite sure but maybe the quest chain ends with a schematic called " The Gadgetzan Project" named after "The Manhatten Project". it could be a bomb that does something crazy like 2000 damage within a 10-15 yard radius including the user. This could be a "nuclear" option in pvp where you can detonate and maybe self destruct but kill a lot of enemies too. When you use it maybe it creates a gas cloud that does damage over time to anyone within the radius for 10 minutes. Effect called radiation poisoning. Obviously the mats for both would have to be really extensive because you dont want a bunch of people dropping nukes in PVP and creating gas clouds everywhere lol.

2. Finishing Ravenholdt Manor which includes rep rewards for ravenholdt as well as an epic quest chain when you reach level 60. This quest chain I think should revolve around a huge bank heist in Stormwind Vault since there is some sort of relic that Ravenholdt wants to get their hands on for xyz reason. I can easily see what the chain will look like, essentially doing recon and building relationships with NPCs on the inside / hiring a crew/ all to make the heist successful. To make things really interesting when you do the heist you can only do it during 12-2AM server time while the guards are sleeping or mostly off duty (just an idea). When you finish the chain and take the gem back to Ravenholdt you are betrayed by one of the generals and have to get together a raid or group to kill the general and get the gem back. The last part of the chain before you fight the general would involve scrapping the clues together to find out where he ran to. Quest rewards could be rogue specific and epic in quality.

3. Finishing the Opus quest chain. If you aren't familiar with Opus, he is a parrot in Burning Steppes. Many classic players thought there was a quest chain hidden but wow devs have confirmed its unfinished. Opus through his dialogue seems to be connected to Bijou in LBRS and Finkle Einhorn in UBRS who you meet when you kill the beast. My idea is to be able to give Opus the Cuergos Gold with Worm you get from the Tanaris Treasure Hunt quest which unlocks a longer quest chain. This chain would require you to go back into LBRS to talk to Bijou and talking to Finkle Einhorn. The end goal is finding the location of a massive treasure which turns out to be guarded by a boss of some kind.

4. Adding a raid boss in Ironforge. Yes , yes I know what you're thinking how would this make sense? Well, similar to the mines or moria in Lord of the Rings. I think there could be a quest chain where the King tells you there have been disturbances and Earthquakes that have scared some of the residents of Ironforge. Perhaps you even talk to someone in the explorers league in IF and they tell you about this monster. You end up investigating and find out there is a Balrog type of monster deep within the mountain and you have to take a large group into the raid instance maybe in the Cavern section of Ironforge where that pond is (name isn't coming to me but the instance could be under that water). The skin could be very similar to Gruul the dragonslayer from TBC. I like the idea of there being a quest with epic reward for killing the monster (maybe like Onyxia getting the head and turning it in). Rewards could be things like "Aegis of Ironforge" , "Helm of Ironforge" which might look like the helmet that the guards wear.

5. Bringing back the Defias Brotherhood in endgame. I hope I am not the only one when I say I find the Edwin Van Cleef questline and the missing diplomat quest chain super awesome! I always wondered why we didn't get to fight the Defias Brotherhood later on closer to level 60. Well, this is just an idea but, why not bring the defias brotherhood back during the opening of the gates to AQ40? Specifically I like the idea of the defias brotherhood having a camp outside the gates (they are trying to pillage AQ for its treasures and secrets) and potentially even a raid boss inside of AQ, such as one of the defias brotherhoods high ranking generals or even Edwin Van Cleef brought back to life. (Maybe he partnered with Nefarian to cheat death.

These are all just ideas but i'm so glad there is a place where I can share them and have them read by the Turtle Team! Thanks for reading. turtle_in_love_head

Gheor

Re: Suggestion Thread (AQ Addition+New epic eng quest etc)

Post by Gheor » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:56 pm

I will only comment on point number 2:

Stormwind Vault is a planned dungeon.

Ravenholdt quests are in the works.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW