More main professions

Inve

More main professions

Post by Inve » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 am

Greetings there people, I once been to server which was giving access for up to 4 main professions (weaponsmith, armorsmith, engineering, jeweller for example). So I have been wondering if such thing would be possible here?

Mostly I am asking about it because from my POV it will add some comfort to me, while also would make game even more impressive for me. But i do suspect there are some obstacles that I am not aware (server where I seen such a thing was using wotlk patch, but they also had pandas and new character models which came from later patches), as well as there perhaps could be negative impact on server economy.

Thank you for your attention.

Tortuga

Re: More main professions

Post by Tortuga » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:32 pm

more professions + low pop = dead economics

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:27 pm

I'd like a profession for making bows, staves, arrows and off hand stat sticks etc...

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:34 am

I disagree with opening up more professions. As Tortuga said, it will lead to flooding and no need for trading with anyone else ever. Also the whole point of vanilla's limits is the social aspects - that you have to work together with others in many parts of the game.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:29 pm

Agreed. People (players) have to be important to each other in the population in various ways. One of those is professions.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:03 pm

If you could pick more professions you dont need to interact with other people

This means less numbernof players and less players' interactions
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Tork

Post by Tork » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:45 am

Well I have to agree with Inve on this one.

To be able to have more professions would open up hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of progression. Yes you could make the argument that player interaction and trading would take a dip. But is that really such a big part of the game nowadays?

I know that I myself rarely trade with other people because it's more of a problem than fun. Try to convince a player (that's probably high level) to go to a low level zone, farm thick leather for 10 minutes so that he then can craft those leather pants that i want. And the price in gold that he would like to do so aint possible to pay by a character that needs them (if it is not an alt). And there are so many people like me, and that I know for a fact. We just rather skip it, saying it's not worth the hassle.

ppl just like to be self-sufficient, and I say let us. Leveling professions is fun in wow and it gives a very minor advantage in pve/pvp. So it wouldet desturb gameplay.

And if you still are concerned about the economy, meaby it could be implemented so that the big crafting cooldowns would invoke cooldown in all professions. For example if you transmute an arcanite bar you get a cooldown on mooncloth as well.

So in short, yes please let us have ALL professions at the same time, that would open up so many hours of quality game time for me and many more.

ps: And this would also ease up another playstyle you could run besides hardcore, “Lone wolf”. Level to 60 without using the bank, auction house or trade with people. OSRS (oldschool runescape) has a similar game mode and it's widely popular.