Potion Of Amnesy

Funkymalkavian

Potion Of Amnesy

Post by Funkymalkavian » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:13 am

Hi Everyone!

Function:
This potion lets you to unlearn the abilities you start the game with. It could be acquired from Speedy and used only as a lvl 1 character. The unlearnt abilities can be re learned in the trainers for free.

Example:
For example mage starts with Fireball and Frost Armor. If you use this item you will lose these abilities and you can re learn them. So let’s say you want to play a mage without even having a fireball you won’t learn that skill back and have only frost in your spellbook.

This would be a small self restiction roleplay stuff. I would like to hear your toughts on it!

- Server is awesome! turtle_in_love

Sandtusk

Re: Potion Of Amnesy

Post by Sandtusk » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:20 am

Might be too niche a suggestion, especially since you can at least remove spells from your action bars at the beginning normally.

It is interesting to have discussions on how players impose self limitations on the server. I’d say the hardcore mode is a great example of finding enjoyment through personal rule sets along side the challenge.

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:42 am

If you require a technical stuff to control what your char can/cannot do, it's not "self-restriction" by definition.

Funkymalkavian

Post by Funkymalkavian » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:46 am

Agreed that this is a niche suggestion! I don't know how hard would this stuff would be to implement.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:16 pm

Funkymalkavian wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:13 am
Hi Everyone!

Function:
This potion lets you to unlearn the abilities you start the game with. It could be acquired from Speedy and used only as a lvl 1 character. The unlearnt abilities can be re learned in the trainers for free.

Example:
For example mage starts with Fireball and Frost Armor. If you use this item you will lose these abilities and you can re learn them. So let’s say you want to play a mage without even having a fireball you won’t learn that skill back and have only frost in your spellbook.

This would be a small self restiction roleplay stuff. I would like to hear your toughts on it!

- Server is awesome! turtle_in_love
what's stopping you from just not using the spell you want to restrict for yourself?

Funkymalkavian

Post by Funkymalkavian » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:56 pm

OCD i guess. It pains to see a specialization that i don't want to see even in my spellbook so whenever i open my spellbook i see a specialization i don't want to see on my character and purely visually i get annoyed, see stupid obsessive choice.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:22 pm

So the cure is not that potion, but starting to create some allowance for things being they way they may be (such as in the spellbook) and practice not getting activated by it. Seeking a way to do something about it strengthens that neural circuitry, and giving oneself a chance to breathe and not get hooked allows for new neural circuitry to begin pathing.

Try ACT therapy. If you seeking to actually *DO* something, then do that - not the compulsive behaviors of eradicating.