Goblin starting zone drop chance: Oil-scorched note

Jombo

Goblin starting zone drop chance: Oil-scorched note

Post by Jombo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:31 am

Hello there

The goblin starting zone is very harsh in many ways, while the HE zone is more in line with the original starting zones. We have invisible, hostile nightelves that cluster together in groups of 3, forcing players to be very careful. We have elementals, mechanics and sprouts that are all immune to hunter spell Serpent Sting, clustered together shredders that attack you when you want to just kill that freaking spirit in the crypt, getting gun rewards while not being able to use guns and - this is my gripe - the drop rate of oil-scorched note! It seems to be 30% on Turtle Database https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=80114. I had to kill +30 elementals before it dropped. Seriously, this is a starting zone quest, not some lvl 15 quest. I think the droprate should be increased to at least 50% as the natural progression of the area depends on it (you can continue but there are no quests for you then).

Thank you, I hope you will consider this change to the new, and amazingly beautiful and well-crafted goblin starting zone.

Jombo

Merikkinon

Re: Goblin starting zone drop chance: Oil-scorched note

Post by Merikkinon » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:08 am

Interesting. Here I actually like the challenge of the starter zone quite a lot. It's a breath of fresh air.
I see your point about the droprate, however.

Tortuga

Re: Goblin starting zone drop chance: Oil-scorched note

Post by Tortuga » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:12 am

Also, both starting zones have an NPC Apprentice Weapon Master, just staying there doing nothing. At least they could sell lowest tier weapons, as in all the "standard" starting zones.

Besides, both zones have staves as quest rewards, but no priests or warlocks can use staves... So helf priests keeps questing with initial mace, and goblin warlock finishes the zone with +Agi dagger.

And adding a few lv 8-9 baddies to helven zone would be great... I was trying to level a HC char just by grinding, and then leave to Thelsamar by feet, and finished at lvl 12, where no sources of XP left there, and lv 14 bears are too tough given the local teachers are teaching spells up to lv 6 only