Give warrior spell reflect?

Michelkesin

Give warrior spell reflect?

Post by Michelkesin » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi Everyone

I was reading a post about removing holystrike in battleground. I read warrior's complain, I can agree with that warrior to some extend, but I think the problem is not entirely about paladin, a more important problem is that warrior is weak in pvp 1v1.
So I thought about the idea of giving warrior a new spell. Spell reflect (from wotlk). What do everyone think?

Thank you for reading.

Spacestr

Re: Give warrior spell reflect?

Post by Spacestr » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:07 am

I would follow this guide unless it's already so outdated...

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:45 am

again, Vanilla PVP is team-based as far as I'm aware and some classes are supposed to be weak against each other.

That's like saying remove Mages crowd control cause I'm a warrior and I cant be arsed to bring some pots so I don't get stuck in place by mage.

Steyr

Post by Steyr » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:59 am

I do not agree that warriors are weak in pvp.
The thing is that in vanilla wow, at least, every class has a counterclass. In other words, there are classes that are harder to beat than others for warriors. I can tell you straight away that paladins struggle tremendously against shamans and priests.
Other than that, gear difference is always a factor. If your enemies are packed in t2-3 level gear, then you will have no chance in preraid BiS.
Finally, personal skills in pvp can make a big difference too. Some people invest a lot of time to make macros, learn professions (like engeneering) and make consumables for battlegrounds. That can often turn the tides in their favor.

Having said that, maybe a spell reflect for warriors would be a good idea as a custom turtle ability, with certain limitations. for example, needing shield to use it and only available in defensive stance. Maybe it will only have a 25% chance of reflecting a spell and other 75% you just resist spell damage. Add a several minute cooldown on it and it could be a thing for warrior tanks. Not to say that warrior tanks aren't doing great already though.

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Warrior is the best 1v1 class in the game and is the best class in WSG, regardless of population in WSG. The only class better than Warrior in vanilla PvP is mage and only in AB or AV. Given that we have had maybe a dozen AVs in 2+ years of TWoW and given that AB doesn't work right now, warriors definitely do not need a PvP buff.

Balake

Post by Balake » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:02 pm

There's absolutely no way warriors are the best 1v1 class in the game. They are arguably the worst because of how many things counter them. Shamans, mages, druids, and hunters can kite them for eternity. Rogues can simply avoid them. Paladins and warlocks depends on the spec, usually a skill matchup.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:37 pm

Axoc wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:46 pm
Warrior is the best 1v1 class in the game and is the best class in WSG, regardless of population in WSG. The only class better than Warrior in vanilla PvP is mage and only in AB or AV. Given that we have had maybe a dozen AVs in 2+ years of TWoW and given that AB doesn't work right now, warriors definitely do not need a PvP buff.
I guess you never saw a good druid in WSG then....

Hardwelsam

Post by Hardwelsam » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:42 am

Druid/paladin(really gear depend)
Is Good too in pvp.
I always enjoy playing healer in bg's,buff the group mates,healing them,and making the other players to be mad.
:D

Of course,we can tali about again the mana cast right there,but Hey,have u seemed in bg a buffed retro with Good gear?
Actually can play nicely .

Ofc,not the strongest.

Aomiaz

Post by Aomiaz » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:33 am

Hey! did you just copy paste my post?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1674

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 pm

+1 i hate pesky wizards
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer