Revert the New Changes

Fizzles

Revert the New Changes

Post by Fizzles » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 pm

I don't think it is necessary to start implementing changes on the QoL that existed on Turtle WoW because there is no need to do so. For example, mail between characters is now changed to have a 1 hour duration instead of instant mail. If there is a real need to do these changes due to technical or hardware issues, then it would be nice if devs elaborate further on why they implemented these changes on QoL. I don't think devs should've moved with these changes without asking the community first on why.

Drax

Re: Revert the New Changes

Post by Drax » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:10 pm

I am on with this Fizzles.
QoL changes that actually make the game better doesnt have to be changes just "Classic".
We already do custom stuff which negates that statement and the changes that nobody asked or wanted being forced upon us is stupid. We don't want it at all and I am sure almost entire community agree's with us on the changes to the mail, wormhole and brainwashing device.

Ramue

Post by Ramue » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:53 pm

Yes the server is anything but blizz-like, please don't try to emulate blizz-like if it is only going to add arbitrary barriers for players! We would like a revert asap.

Kroppigamer

Post by Kroppigamer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:16 am

Pleaseeeeee Torta can we undo the 1hr wait between our own characters. I get it for sending mail to other players to wait a lil bit.

Spacestr

Post by Spacestr » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:36 am

Yes, please, the mailbox, brainwashing, wormhole things were totally not needed. Why? Server QoL shortcuts were welcomed and nice as they were.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:57 am

Yeah i agree on the mailbox change being bad. This encourages unnecessary multiboxing: You on toon A trade to toon B on 2nd account, then trade to toon C on 1st account. Bam, same exact thing as instant same account mail, but with extra steps that hurts the average players' immersion.

I'm okay with the rest.

Especially the cast time on the wormhole. With instant, it's too easy of a get out of jail free card for hardcore toons. Also i've missclicked it a few times and wasted my hour cooldown, and almost ported a few raid members out of our raid in the process. Keep this change please.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Lexi

Post by Lexi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:46 am

As other's have said the mailbox change encourages multiboxing, which I would argue is far more against the spirit of vanilla than just having the slight quality of life instant mailing to characters on the same account.

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:29 am

The mail delay for characters from same account is now reverted back to 1 minute.

Keep in mind, we're in the middle of quite massive quality core upgrade: some things get fixed, some thing get temporary broken due to a lot of conflicts between our custom code and original's VMaNGOS.

Casting time for custom spells (WH, Brainwashing, Planter) will stay, I always wanted to set them but without having a client updates we had certain limitations. It's now working as intended.

Ramue

Post by Ramue » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:07 am

Torta wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:29 am
The mail delay for characters from same account will is now reverted back to 1 minute.

Keep in mind, we're in the middle of quite massive quality core upgrade: some things get fixed, some thing get temporary broken due to a lot of conflicts between our custom code and original's VMaNGOS.

Cooldowns for custom spells (WH, Brainwashing, Planter) will stay, I always wanted to set them but without having a client updates we had certain limitations. It's now working as intended.
Thank you for hearing us torta! The others a more understandable changes but the mail seemed like blizz-like for the sake of blizz-like which seemed to clash with the rest of what the server seems to be about is all.
Hope you have a lovely day and thank you for your hard work, you are doing a wonderful job!

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:13 am

Ramue wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:07 am
Thank you for hearing us torta! The others a more understandable changes but the mail seemed like blizz-like for the sake of blizz-like which seemed to clash with the rest of what the server seems to be about is all.
Hope you have a lovely day and thank you for your hard work, you are doing a wonderful job!
I'm glad it's sorted :)

The change wasn't implemented with an intention to cause pain and misery to the player-base, it was a simply one change along with the hundreds of others. It wasn't noticed on PTR, nor really given much thought about it, until it was noticed by both team and the players.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:29 am

Hero
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:04 pm

Found another one: alchemy potions now stack in 10 (were in 20 since like last two years). Dear TW team, please consider reverting this one too.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:54 pm

No, they stack to 10 here, as opposed to the 5 they normally do.

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:46 pm

Oops, my bad. Somehow I thought they were 20 before the last bunch of upgrades, a mind lapse on my side. Dreadfully sorry