A case for Fear Ward as Priest standard

Ramue

A case for Fear Ward as Priest standard

Post by Ramue » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:54 am

I would love to see fearward be standard for all priests. And I think it would be good for the server and in line with what the servers advertises itself to be.
I would not be suggestion such a change if I felt like it wouldn't fit with the vibes of the community but I feel like having such a needed and sought after move be locked to one race is antithetical to what the server advertises it's ideals to be about.
Turtle wow is a place for friendly players who want to immerse themselves in a friendly and slower paced WoW based environment, however old metas get in the way of this ideal.
Immersing yourself in this experience about taking it slow and immersing yourself in to the game but your preference for class/race combo you would be most immersed to play and RP as still handicaps you because you didn't want to play or RP as a certain race for 300+ hours.
It is less fun when you have to worry about the meta of playing through the leveling for 150+ hours trying to be as good at your class and role as you can possibly be just to be seen as less desirable as someone who simply chose a different race because one spell is super viable for end game content.
And not to neglect that since T-WoW is a private server, the player count won't always be as high as the game was during official release so having a spell so crucial be fragmented amongst healers only hinders and handicaps raid groups unnecessarily.

I am not saying that every class and race be tuned like this, but in the case of fear ward it is just so desirable and clearly the best that an exception should be made so people can still be races they like and not feel like they are holding back themselves or even an entire raid group because there is no fear wards to be cast.

And to who ever associated with T-WoW reads this thank you so much for all your amazing work and thank you for taking the time to read this! <3

Tl;dr Let us have our immersion for RP by being the race we want to be without sacrificing best spells for endgame content, please! <3

Lexi

Re: A case for Fear Ward as Priest standard

Post by Lexi » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:37 am

The need for fear ward is greatly diminished on this server, in most cases you'd rather just have a shaman using tremor totem to fill that role. If anything in pve Humans are better than dwarfs assuming you're doing your best to optimize and can find shamans to fill the void due to humans higher spirit. Despite this I believe there should be a way for a race to obtain another races racials (Including priest spells) if they go through enough hoops and temporarily give up their own. Hoops might look like get exalted with that faction, do an epic multi-part quest.

Ramue

Post by Ramue » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:56 am

Lexi wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:37 am
The need for fear ward is greatly diminished on this server, in most cases you'd rather just have a shaman using tremor totem to fill that role. If anything in pve Humans are better than dwarfs assuming you're doing your best to optimize and can find shamans to fill the void due to humans higher spirit. Despite this I believe there should be a way for a race to obtain another races racials (Including priest spells) if they go through enough hoops and temporarily give up their own. Hoops might look like get exalted with that faction, do an epic multi-part quest.
That is a good point, however that doesn't change that I think such a useful spell should not be race locked especially because not every group will have a shaman with the shaman population being fairly low on the server.
I do really like the idea of getting access to other races abilities through earning them though!
However I still feel like fear-ward should be standard and dwarves can get something custom that would hopefully keep them competitive to replace it instead.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:24 pm

The simple answer to such rhetoric – no.

Longer and detailed; race specific class abilities are different for each faction is a priest only perk which should be set in stone for lore reasons and compensation of other racials specific to faction, however, since we have diplomacy intact there's no lore or mechanical reason to give any class racials to others.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.