Account Bound Collectable Store Items

Sandtusk

Account Bound Collectable Store Items

Post by Sandtusk » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:24 pm

Hey mon, so I've been havin a blast with the Hardcore mode and I wanted to suggest a feature that came to mind. I'd like to advocate making certain items in the Turtle/Speedy Store account bound once purchased. This would allow players to collect, show off, and invest into the server knowing what they purchased is always available to them.

Going through the store now, here's my list of seperation:

Non Account Bound
Character: Name, Race, and Look
Gameplay: Miscellaneous

These QoL items and services should remain as is to avoid complications with identity (race/name changes) and over-simplifying the playing experience. Also keeps the difficulty of Hardcore players.

Account Bound
Character: Additional Skins I
Character: Additional Skins II
Gameplay: Glyphs
Riding Mounts: Birds
Riding Mounts: Sabers
Riding Mounts: Horses
Riding Mounts: Kodo & Wolves
Riding Mounts: Raptors & Bears
Riding Mounts: Miscellaneous
Vanity: Companions
Vanity: Tabards
Vanity: Illusions

All these incredible items should remain accessible across different toons to the same account. Considering the likelihood of players making alts of varying classes & races, there would be more encouragement to buy when the cost of enjoyment isn't multiplied by said alts.

Hardcore mode would benefit immensely from this feature, and the numbers don't lie looking at how many participants are attempting the challenge. All those toons definitely wont be purchasing anything if they can lose not only their time but real life cash.

Overall I think the ability to collect certain Account Bound items on the store will encourage more people to purchase them. Since there are no lootboxes or "surprise mechanics" involved with the store, collecting these items should be fair and simple.

Goodwater

Re: Account Bound Collectable Store Items

Post by Goodwater » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:09 pm

I would love this! The only thing stopping me from purchasing a bunch of illusions and mounts is that they're locked to a single character, unless I ask a GM to switch them to another character (which would be awfully inconvenient if I wanted to use them on multiple characters).

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:57 pm

+1

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:28 pm

Goodwater wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:09 pm
I would love this! The only thing stopping me from purchasing a bunch of illusions and mounts is that they're locked to a single character, unless I ask a GM to switch them to another character (which would be awfully inconvenient if I wanted to use them on multiple characters).
I love hardcore mode, but I also love being a sand troll. If possible I’d like to avoid asking busy devs to replace the glyph when I die.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 pm

Will wait on a verdict from Torta, just a question that I wish to ask, your Hardcore character is well, dead, how would you even send them to your other characters?
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Lexi

Post by Lexi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:55 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 pm
Will wait on a verdict from Torta, just a question that I wish to ask, your Hardcore character is well, dead, how would you even send them to your other characters?
They don't necessarily have to be sendable via the mailbox, just have some storage where you can store take out bags with the turtle pet while allowing dead hardcores to interact with the turtle in this way without doing much else. Skins, mounts and items like the portable mailbox on the other hand could just be unlockable with turtle coins where once you've unlocked it you can obtain them from the turtle with each of your characters, even getting it again from the turtle if you accidentally deleted it.

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:15 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 pm
Once an Account Bound item is purchased with tokens, the item cost then turns to 0 similar to the glyph of twinking/exhaustion/turtle. Any new character will then have the previously purchased item already "unlocked" = cost turns to 0.

1) I purchase Glyph of Sandfury Skin for 160 tokens on Character A.

2) On the store the glyph cost is now set to 0 tokens for the account.

3) Character A dies or I create a new toon called Character B.

4) When loading up Character B the Glyph of Sandfury Skin still costs 0 tokens (due to previous purchase). I select the skin and receive the Glyph of Sandfury Skin (much like glyph of turtle/twinking/exhaustion.)

5) Sometime later I purchase a Riding Mount: Raptor and the same cycle occurs again, with the purchased mount cost reverting to 0 tokens for the account.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:31 pm

Not very wild into the scripting language, but I doubt that will be easy to do on a client from 2005, not saying your idea is bad, just saying you must expect some limits that aren't necessarily set by us, this isn't only ment for this kind of issues but some other too.
-

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:50 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:31 pm
Not very wild into the scripting language, but I doubt that will be easy to do on a client from 2005, not saying your idea is bad, just saying you must expect some limits that aren't necessarily set by us, this isn't only ment for this kind of issues but some other too.
Understandable and no worries mon, just wanted to share my two copper on the matter. Your team's done a great job redefining the limitations of the client so you'll have a better clue on what can and can't be done.

Thx for the confirmation, and for Hardcore Mode!

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Thu May 13, 2021 9:01 pm

Just a bump if theres any y/n confirmation inc?

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu May 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Still waiting on a verdict from Torta, I am afraid.
-

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Thu May 13, 2021 10:42 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:09 pm
Still waiting on a verdict from Torta, I am afraid.
Gotcha, thx for the quick responce!

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat May 15, 2021 2:27 pm

I have been down for this for awhile, however it gets implemented.

Orlymike2

Post by Orlymike2 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:56 am

bump

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:03 pm

Did you just necro a two year old thread?^^
Komm zur Geheimen Zuflucht (RP-Gilde)! Wir haben Zimtschnecken!

Alienne Xerilin Rubinai Irrwisch Mekhalani Flinks Kinrela Cavy

Orlymike2

Post by Orlymike2 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:09 pm

:]

Samsara

Post by Samsara » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:20 pm

I would like for all vanity looks to be account bound like on Ascension server.

Jaggedone

Post by Jaggedone » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:17 am

Xerilin wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:03 pm
Did you just necro a two year old thread?^^
Not sure why this person thinks that is such a terrible thing to do. In my case, I have only played here a short time, and feel exactly the same way as the OP. I feel *very* strongly about this issue but like a good player, I searched the forum before opening a thread about it. I found this thread, and was actually grateful to see that it had been brought forward to the present. In reading the thread, I see a note that the OP was "waiting on Torta" for a response on this question. I don't know if "Torta" is an actual person, or just an expression meaning TPTB. Best I can see, whoever Torta is, he never replied in this thread. IMO that makes this a still active thread.

What started all this for me was the announcement that all store purchases are half-price till Aug 24. I thought hey, great way to support the server that I really like and appreciate while getting something cool/useful at the same time. Then I discovered that all store items are BoP. They *absolutely* should be account bound, and I see no reason why that would be a hard change to make.

So anyway, Torta, whoever and wherever you are, please give this consideration, and do it soon, so I can spend some RL money before the sale ends. smiling_turtle

Thanks all !!!
Haters, just don't even bother. turtle_tongue
Forgiveness is the fragrance the rose leaves on the heel that crushed it.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:44 am

I may be a hater, but will reply anyway.^^ Torta is the lead of Turtle WoW. Store items are still character bound and I very much doubt they will become account bound before this particular sale ends.

Paimkiller123

Post by Paimkiller123 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:39 pm

im new to Twow servers, i want to get a mount but i just dont want to feel like im stuck with a specific character because i bought a mount, not being able to transfer cash shop mounts really cripples the fun and encouragement of spending on the server, im surprised this solution hasnt been implemented, please make it happen devs!!!

Jaggedone

Post by Jaggedone » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:25 pm

Xerilin wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:44 am
I may be a hater, but will reply anyway.^^ Torta is the lead of Turtle WoW. Store items are still character bound and I very much doubt they will become account bound before this particular sale ends.
Thanks for your [non-hateful] reply !!! smiling_turtle

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:27 am

The way the item shop works is by design to make you pay for the same thing twice (which is also why they don't do transfers of already purchased donation shop items), I wouldn't expect it to be changed.

Grin

Post by Grin » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:48 pm

Borefficz wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:27 am
The way the item shop works is by design to make you pay for the same thing twice (which is also why they don't do transfers of already purchased donation shop items), I wouldn't expect it to be changed.
It is a donation shop.

Nazghoul

Post by Nazghoul » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:40 am

Borefficz wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:27 am
Welp, I'm glad I didn't spend much time on this server and heard of it as early as possible (if that's true), not being account-wide is an intended predatory monetisation scheme no matter what ...
specially for not getting a response from DM after many years scared_turtle
Grin wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:48 pm
It is a donation shop.
it's not a donation if one benefits from it

Grin

Post by Grin » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:25 am

U're a nazghoul according to the information you provided. Building on this fact I won't hold your lack of grammar etiquette against you, having to know that your kind have a negative way of thinking, rude and harsh behaviour. This however is not the place wherever you came from. Carve into your mind that what we Forsaken have learned the hard way! No help will come until you help yourself you may cry out as loud as your can. I will not permit myself to underline it for you where you go wrong in your assumption.

May the Dark Lady watch over you!

Jaggedone

Post by Jaggedone » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:16 pm

Can someone tell me the significance of the green "arrow" symbols that bracket my name shown on the left side of the screen ?

Caotic

Post by Caotic » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:23 pm

+1 from me

Jaggedone

Post by Jaggedone » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:48 pm

Caotic wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:23 pm
+1 from me
Huh ?