Forsaken and Human hunters

Rayform

Forsaken and Human hunters

Post by Rayform » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:16 pm

It's something that has always bugged me, how you'd see human hunters all over Lordaeron (Scarlet Crusade hunters mainly), and have a Forsaken hunter like Nathanos, but not having the choice to play as that race-class combination. I'd love if this choice became a thing :)

Dasajj

Re: Forsaken and Human hunters

Post by Dasajj » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:47 pm

I always thought the Undead would be perfect partners with demon hounds, spiders, bats, and anything from Fellwood really.

Starkobjekt

Post by Starkobjekt » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:59 pm

From what I've heard human hunter was planned with episode 1 but devs disagreed, about lore, and it was changed to gnome hunter as compensation- or something. It was often talked about in discord around the release of episode 1. I think the chances of any race unlocking a new playable class again is slim if I remember what was said in discord correctly.

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:49 am

Starkobjekt wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:59 pm
disagreed, about lore
Hmm... like there are human butchers, cooks cutting meat, quests for game meat recipes in human zones, but how humans get all that meat is still a mystery according to the lore

The real reason could be, vanilla client supports max 6 classes per race, so adding a 7th class to humans (or trolls turtle_tongue_head ) requires some significant client upgrade, and they have a lot of work to do already

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:27 pm

I'm all for it.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:43 pm

Tortuga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:49 am
Starkobjekt wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:59 pm
disagreed, about lore
Hmm... like there are human butchers, cooks cutting meat, quests for game meat recipes in human zones, but how humans get all that meat is still a mystery according to the lore

The real reason could be, vanilla client supports max 6 classes per race, so adding a 7th class to humans (or trolls turtle_tongue_head ) requires some significant client upgrade, and they have a lot of work to do already
max is 256 classes per race.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Balake

Post by Balake » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:12 pm

He means that the character creation screen as it is currently, only fits 6 classes. Maybe they just made it like that for no reason and it could be increased. I don't know to be honest. Image

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:09 am

Right, Balake, the char creation screen will require some reworking, but besides that, there are a lot of things on the client side that would need testing regarding the new race/class combo: NPC dialogues, class trainers not recognizing new races, class quests not working correctly, class and racial skills to work smoothly together etc etc... And every new change to the client is a headache, since there is no source code of the client, so modifying it is not a piece of cake. Plus, every modification or reverting will require to redistribute the client again, and there are still (after 2 months of expansion) new people on #suppport with "the server is offline?" every other day.
And the devs already had a full mouth with the v1.15 features (remember the flood of bug reports after the expansion?), so I think yet another headache was not what they wanted, and adding a new classes to the races that still had less than 6 was a smart move: to test how the new classes will affect the game, and if something goes wrong, it's easier to revert the changes (because the client was not modified for 7+ classes)

I'm still eager to see hunters of every race available, I'm sure it's possible technically and not controversial lore-wise, yet I doubt it will happen before parts 2&3 of expansion go live

Zyu51816

Post by Zyu51816 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am

I just downloaded the client today, and as interesting as this project sounds and as much as I hate retail, there are things I cannot live without. Human hunters are one of them.

Serener

Post by Serener » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Well,they added new races so adding one more class to others shouldn't be a problem,but i dont know anything about this so yeah