Not much to do at max lev

Unangwata

Not much to do at max lev

Post by Unangwata » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:38 pm

Personally, I stopped playing at 50 because I faced thought what I would do at 60.
There is not much to do once there. You can do dungeons ok. Apart from that, raids ? Not everyone is interested in raids, or can do raids, and there not many other options left.

Some things that would keep us playing are welcome.
Emblem system, to do dungeons and buy gear, daily quests with some currency as well. Anything. Perhaps some sort of achievements that would keep perfectionists working? Think of something.

Lexi

Re: Not much to do at max lev

Post by Lexi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:02 pm

I might be int he minority but I'm not a big fan of daily quests. It can make logging or those quests in feel like a chore when you might usually be taking a break, or wanting to focus on something else in game. It might make more people play daily but it can also make when they do play less fun.

The closest thing we have to emblem right now are Scourgestones. I wouldn't be apposed to giving these Scourgestones more uses than just reputation. We already have Frayed Abomination Stitching and Skin of Shadow. Maybe rather than emblems other high level dungeons can have useful quest items or materials that parallel the Stitchings and Skin of Shadow.

Mikeloss

Post by Mikeloss » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:17 pm

The way I handle this is simple. Forget about leveling. Leveling should be a side effect from whatever you do not a direct objective. After you root this mentality level 60 will be just another level you are at. You objective should be to be "Known" in the community. To develop relationships in-game, chat and go on adventures with friends. An MMORPG is only as big as its World and the Imagination of its citizens (Users). If all you do is click "Accept Quest" & "Complete Quest" or do mindless dungeons runs your are bound to get tired quickly and eventually bored.
Maelm the Forest Ranger
"What I have learned from the elves in my youth is what I do for a living. If no one protects us then who will..."

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:47 pm

Mikeloss wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:17 pm
The way I handle this is simple. Forget about leveling. Leveling should be a side effect from whatever you do not a direct objective. After you root this mentality level 60 will be just another level you are at. You objective should be to be "Known" in the community. To develop relationships in-game, chat and go on adventures with friends. An MMORPG is only as big as its World and the Imagination of its citizens (Users). If all you do is click "Accept Quest" & "Complete Quest" or do mindless dungeons runs your are bound to get tired quickly and eventually bored.
That's good goals. But it's rather personal preference. What I think of is technical reason to keep people playing, sort of. They could expand from there. But just an idea.

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:43 pm

For a time I was thinking of a newgame+ feature for the server. Upon hitting 60 an option will be available to reset your character back to lv 1 but you get to keep a few bonuses from max level (reputations, crafting skills when you reach high enough to learn the appropriate ranks, bank items, etc) to reduce mindless grinding.

I also thought of adding a single extra talent point per newgame+. Technically with enough repeats a player could get every talent in the game, but I figure no ones that masochistic.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:22 pm

Dasajj wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:43 pm
For a time I was thinking of a newgame+ feature for the server. Upon hitting 60 an option will be available to reset your character back to lv 1 but you get to keep a few bonuses from max level (reputations, crafting skills when you reach high enough to learn the appropriate ranks, bank items, etc) to reduce mindless grinding.

I also thought of adding a single extra talent point per newgame+. Technically with enough repeats a player could get every talent in the game, but I figure no ones that masochistic.
I also already suggested such reroll idea. Called it remastery. But it didn't catch attention.

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:22 pm
Dasajj wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:43 pm

I also already suggested such reroll idea. Called it remastery. But it didn't catch attention.
Ahh thats a shame then. Perhaps they want more people to go through the expansion content before implementing a remastery feature.

Will you give Mortal mode a try? That could be fun for a while if everyone gives it a shot, though if you reach lv 60 your right back here in the end.

Balake

Post by Balake » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:03 pm

It's a very bad idea for the balance of the game. One extra talent is all some specs need to become utterly broken. Some examples: Resto druids can get both Swiftmend and Nature's Grace. Frost/arcane mages can get both Arcane Power and Ice Block (gives a class cannon build a huge survivability cooldown and most importantly an aggro drop). Lets combat rogues get Cold Blood. For Ele shamans, Elemental Mastery and Nature's Swiftness combo, that's basically Presence Of Mind pyroblast on steroids. Soul-Link warlocks can branch out to either Ruin or Siphon Life, both strong talents in different ways. Warriors have it best with so many new combinations possible. All of them create a big gap between the regular characters and the newgame+ characters.

It sounds appealing to let everyone have these but in the end it's basically power-creep.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:14 pm

I suggested utility spells from remastery, like water from mage class, tracking from hunter etc. but it's not easy to do for every other. Requires good think over.

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:29 pm

Balake wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:03 pm
It's a very bad idea for the balance of the game. One extra talent is all some specs need to become utterly broken. Some examples: Resto druids can get both Swiftmend and Nature's Grace. Frost/arcane mages can get both Arcane Power and Ice Block (gives a class cannon build a huge survivability cooldown and most importantly an aggro drop). Lets combat rogues get Cold Blood. For Ele shamans, Elemental Mastery and Nature's Swiftness combo, that's basically Presence Of Mind pyroblast on steroids. Soul-Link warlocks can branch out to either Ruin or Siphon Life, both strong talents in different ways. Warriors have it best with so many new combinations possible. All of them create a big gap between the regular characters and the newgame+ characters.

It sounds appealing to let everyone have these but in the end it's basically power-creep.
Oh yea there’s definitely some wild fun stuff coming out of this but come on, who’s actually crazy enough to go from 1-60 fifty times or more to deck out their character? It’s like a soft limit based on insanity rather than a strict rule lol.

Starkobjekt

Post by Starkobjekt » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:15 am

Anyone can do raids, if you don’t have enough time I don’t know why you’d play on a 1.12 PvE server or a vanilla server overall. No matter what you choose to do it will take a stupid amout of time in 1.12 but that is what makes the reward worth it.

Most daily systems are repeatable and boring long term, never been a good solution. Emblem system sounds interesting, you should make a suggestion going deeper on that.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:14 am

Starkobjekt wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:15 am
Anyone can do raids, if you don’t have enough time I don’t know why you’d play on a 1.12 PvE server or a vanilla server overall. No matter what you choose to do it will take a stupid amout of time in 1.12 but that is what makes the reward worth it.

Most daily systems are repeatable and boring long term, never been a good solution. Emblem system sounds interesting, you should make a suggestion going deeper on that.
I play on vanilla server because it's WoW with most world wide challenge. I enjoy that. I like questing. In new games, including WoW, you one shot everything, which means you don't need/use consumables, lose no hp and have unlimited mana, thus have no need for grouping other players, run from one mini map arrow to other. No effort. Unless you are retarded enough that it poses a challenge for you. I really don't understand this trend in new games.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Progression has a cap. There's no such thing as infinite gameplay, so even when we do add more things at level 60 the illusion of not having much to do will still linger. The reality is that it takes a very long time to progress. Depending on what your goals are, you could be playing level 60 for years or quit and start a new character as soon as you hit 60. That being said, we have tools that the community can use to create new quests and items, so that's something I wish more players would engage with. As for other things to do at 60, I think the problem is that you're force to either raid or grind, and there's no in-between. But what's the alternative? If you ask yourself what's the point of getting to 60 if content just ends, then you need to ask yourself if you enjoy playing. Enjoy playing = enjoying the journey to 60.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Also, we have plans to continue the storyline of the expansion, so the future of tWoW is and will always expand. Something to keep in mind.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Oswani

Post by Oswani » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:50 pm

Pvp can be a great break from tedium at max lv, as player input is at least always different and reactive. The problem is finding good balance, not to mention enough people, to enjoy the competitiveness on a pve server.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:04 pm

most of the BGs do not work as they should from what I had noticed, also competitive PVE is not really a thing here I would say.

In my case I hit 60 and got so bored I went to play TBC.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:40 pm

How do they not work?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:51 am

What about Heroic mode for all instances ?

Thorildor

Post by Thorildor » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:58 pm

I was also wondering how is the endgame, I like leveling but not 20 times and not really into reroll, I prefer to focus on one character so how is the 60th ? I am into PvE, raiding(although not at all an hardcore raider), will it be good?
I love the thing that there will be custom dungeons/raids :)

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:35 am

Raids happen almost everyday, depending on which group you join.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:56 pm

Jimmicz wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:04 pm
most of the BGs do not work as they should from what I had noticed, also competitive PVE is not really a thing here I would say.

Your case is just a good example of how people rob themselves of content, get bored asap on reaching level 60 and see nothing to do.

I sincerely hope you'll have your best time on the TBC server no matter the host.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:10 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:56 pm
Jimmicz wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:04 pm

Your case is just a good example of how people rob themselves of content, get bored asap on reaching level 60 and see nothing to do.

I sincerely hope you'll have your best time on the TBC server no matter the host.
Well MMO is not a single-player experience and if people are not willing to do the content for whatever reason they might have then yes, I've robbed myself of content and "experience".

We'll see about the best time but so far TBC Classic is a-okay, but I really think it's just because the pop is massive and you have guilds with a higher headcount than this entire realm.

Steyr

Post by Steyr » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:23 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:38 pm
Personally, I stopped playing at 50 because I faced thought what I would do at 60.
There is not much to do once there. You can do dungeons ok. Apart from that, raids ? Not everyone is interested in raids, or can do raids, and there not many other options left.

Some things that would keep us playing are welcome.
Emblem system, to do dungeons and buy gear, daily quests with some currency as well. Anything. Perhaps some sort of achievements that would keep perfectionists working? Think of something.
I mentioned a few things that could keep the game interesting RP-wise in THIS thread, like Dynamic world and a battle for Silvermoon high elf and blood elf forces.
I'm not a fan of daily quests, and as a person that had to grind High elf dailies to revered, I can say that it turns into a daily chore pretty quick. Repeatable quests are a bit easier, since you can control how much time you devote to them, but it is still a boring repetitive grind.

WoW expansions had a currency system, that started from badges and later turned into emblems. I personally hated it not just because it allowed people to obtain quite powerful gear without setting foot into raids (jsut doing a mind-numbing grind of same 5-mans over and over), but also because it felt like a cheap way to increase play time (and subscriptions paid) without releasing new playable content.
While vanilla has multiple items you have to gather as a currency (scourgestones, dark iron scraps, crypt fiend parts, savage fronds, etc.), making dungeons reward badges / emblems will only lead to people finding a way to skip dungeon content, advocate speedruns and cause toxicity when somebody isn't going fast enough (because if I can grind 10 badges per hour, why should I group with people that aren't geared / can't go that fast?).

An achievement system sounds like a nice way to make people spend time doing all sorts of stuff. While totally pointless, it gives bored players something to do, the only question is implementing a fancy enough interface for it (maybe rip it off wotlk or smth).

Some private servers I have played at made a custom competition systems with custom tokens that could be later spent on fancy vanity items (like turtle coins). One server made a race track in Karazhan crypts, where your team of 2 or 3 had to race against an enemy team with various powerups scattered in the area. Killing people during the race awarded no HKs and they were resurrected instantly, so the only way to win was clever use of CC and slowing abilities.
Another server made a labyrinth with no walls hanging in the air, where players had to jump and bypass traps Prince of Persia style.

But as Kazgrim pointed out, every nice thing has an end. You can't have a game that's going forever, have to start over or let it go.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:44 pm

The game has a lot of replay value. If you’ve leveled every race and every class and have gotten all the items youve wanted, then I can see how you’d be scratching your head wondering what else there is to do. A game can only provide so much content afterall.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:03 pm

The classic problem is that the game really does have an end point. The perception of this is altered by the strength or weaknesses of any server/realm. TURTLE is no diff. Dungeons simply don't happen enough for me, for sure (NA player). Raids... maybe one day. No rush, prob least enjoyable to me. Dailies for new races? I stopped; dailies are not something I can endure as they are normally implemented. Create a dynamic, flowing daily with all sorts of variables in it, and sure - they holds as viable. But the standard 'daily for rep' is a game-excitement killer (for me, and I gather, for many).

The only thing I've thought to do, and engaged, is to slow down my experience of Turtle (sounds on the mark conceptually), not through the Turtle mode, but by simultaneously doing all classes and all profs. I have an army of 10 alts and we're inching up bit by bit. Ehhhh... I just check in a engage one for a few levels and enjoy the game, using crafted gear and items as they can be brought into play. It works for me.... Also, I think there is RP, but so far at levels under 20, not seeing much. That's fine. I'll find it here/there. And make some friends over time.

Thus I suspect - at some point the journey just ends. Maybe the devs really do open up some more content with depth that extends and expands the length and breadth of the journey (starter zones were the best ever of all WoW starter zones, imo). If so, that's cool. If not, it has and will be fun.

Hardwelsam

Post by Hardwelsam » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:44 pm

Lets bit turn back for the emblem system.
Im not sure how blizz did on Classic,so keep that on mind,of i write something dumb .
So.
Emblem system , in my opinion, the " pre-gear "for the raids.
But emblem types can have different types.
Luke heirlooms,which ones give bound to account gears,weapons.

I Think ,worth think about a twow style emblem vendors.
This would can be a big help for thoose players,who's arent have much time to do raids.