New Glyph idea for World PVP support

Starkobjekt

New Glyph idea for World PVP support

Post by Starkobjekt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:20 pm

So world pvp doesn't happen. Not whilst leveling, nor at 60. This is understandable on a PvE server but also a dealbreaker for some. Personally I haven't enjoyed 1.12 pvping yet and I don't think that I will either but this idea I have feels like a good one, here it goes:

New Glyph obtainable at any level, Glyph of Head Hunting (the name fits Horde better.)

When a player has this Glyph he or she can no longer toggle pvp on or off, it will always be on.
When this player kills an enemy player he will recieve an item called ''<race> Head'' example ''Gnome Head''
this item will also have an ilvl matching the killed player's level. The head can be turned-in at a custom NPC in any major city for a XP reward and loot based on the ilvl of the head. Loot could be gear/weapon/consumables/money, anything.

I think that covers all of it, in theory! Thanks for reading and please comment what you think

Velite

Re: New Glyph idea for World PVP support

Post by Velite » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:28 pm

Bump. I also think there should be a reward for having this from 1 to 60

Starkobjekt

Post by Starkobjekt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 pm

Good idea, title: Head Hunter <Name> maybe!

Goodwater

Post by Goodwater » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:32 am

While I don't enjoy world PvP, I think it's a great idea for those who do. It's kind of like Warmode on modern WoW, where you can opt in and do wPvP if you want. I see no downside to having a glyph like that. Plus, the idea of getting a small reward for doing it is smart imo.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:44 am

Starkobjekt wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:20 pm
So world pvp doesn't happen. Not whilst leveling, nor at 60. This is understandable on a PvE server but also a dealbreaker for some. Personally I haven't enjoyed 1.12 pvping yet and I don't think that I will either but this idea I have feels like a good one, here it goes:

New Glyph obtainable at any level, Glyph of Head Hunting (the name fits Horde better.)

When a player has this Glyph he or she can no longer toggle pvp on or off, it will always be on.
When this player kills an enemy player he will recieve an item called ''<race> Head'' example ''Gnome Head''
this item will also have an ilvl matching the killed player's level. The head can be turned-in at a custom NPC in any major city for a XP reward and loot based on the ilvl of the head. Loot could be gear/weapon/consumables/money, anything.

I think that covers all of it, in theory! Thanks for reading and please comment what you think
yeah, so pretty much copy AV player race dependant drops into a world that's what you are asking.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:45 am

Goodwater wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:32 am
While I don't enjoy world PvP, I think it's a great idea for those who do. It's kind of like Warmode on modern WoW, where you can opt in and do wPvP if you want. I see no downside to having a glyph like that. Plus, the idea of getting a small reward for doing it is smart imo.
/pvp works exactly the same as warmode on PVE servers, all it takes to toggle it off is to do /pvp and chill in capitol for 5 minutes

Starkobjekt

Post by Starkobjekt » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:07 am

Jimmicz wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:44 am
Starkobjekt wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:20 pm

yeah, so pretty much copy AV player race dependant drops into a world that's what you are asking.
Did not know about those AV quests before checking it up rn but yeah I guess it would work similar to that.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:20 am

Yeah in Alterac Valley, let's say you kill an orc right, that player if you loot him drops "race-specific" item, which you turn in as a repeatable quest in your base and you get rep for it with an equivalent faction. I think it goes as

Orc - human, Elf - Troll, Gnome - Tauren, etc. but it is not a case of the new races as that would require custom repeatable quest to do the same thing

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 am

A warmode could be disabled if you just delete the glyph, no? This is why I suggested some zones be made contested, but that got a lot of negative response.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Starkobjekt

Post by Starkobjekt » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 am

Kazgrim wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 am
A warmode could be disabled if you just delete the glyph, no? This is why I suggested some zones be made contested, but that got a lot of negative response.
Yes, that could be a problem. I was thinking that the suggested NPC could be made the only way to remove it but I guess it wouldn’t be a glyph that way. Also Velite’s idea to have a reward for reaching level 60 with this mode or glyph on all the way is really good.

But also removing the glyph to avoid a fight wont work since it takes 5 min for pvp to disable.

I liked your suggested contested zone but not the way it would work forcing pvp on casuals, I think I will suggest something similar soon-

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:31 pm

An npc to disable / enable warmode would be a good idea actually. that way you cant disable it at will. probably have the npc in stormwind / orgrimmar
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Dasajj

Post by Dasajj » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Starkobjekt wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 am
Kazgrim wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 am
Yes, that could be a problem. I was thinking that the suggested NPC could be made the only way to remove it but I guess it wouldn’t be a glyph that way. Also Velite’s idea to have a reward for reaching level 60 with this mode or glyph on all the way is really good.

But also removing the glyph to avoid a fight wont work since it takes 5 min for pvp to disable.

I liked your suggested contested zone but not the way it would work forcing pvp on casuals, I think I will suggest something similar soon-
Sort of like officially enlisting into the Horde/Alliance army as a solider? Certainly ties well with pvp titles, plus provides an organic separation between pve adventurers and pvp players on the server.