Elixir of Brute Force + fortitude

Velite

Elixir of Brute Force + fortitude

Post by Velite » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:24 pm

Would it be possible to make this item stack with Power Word: Fortitude? Currently it doesn't and with the high material cost it's never worth using in group content https://database.turtle-wow.org/?spell=17557. It doesn't stack with elixir of giants either currently, but I think that's fair since you can only have 1 strength boosting consumable that stacks with strength totem.
Resident Paladin Expert

Jimmicz

Re: Elixir of Brute Force + fortitude

Post by Jimmicz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:17 pm

That's how buffs in wow work tho, you cant stack the same effect with the same stat increase, thats like stacking juju power and an elixir of giants.

You always can have only one buff increasing one stat. And if you see two always only the higher one is active.

Flak89

Post by Flak89 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:51 am

I think this is not good, the brute force is very rare 0,7% drop.... And not rly usable. 18 Stam and strg... The alternativ is giants 25 Str. With lower mats 50%)

A other problem have I see with my shaman totem lässt round in Bwl 147 fire resist an drop my totem 60 fire ressi I have look 174 fire ress... Maybe is this a bug why added a totem 30 fire res? Not 60?

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:52 pm

you have fire ress aura on ?

Velite

Post by Velite » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:51 pm

The way buffs stack is inconsitent but the gist of it is, that shaman/paladin/priest/druid resistance buffs dont stack, the stronger one applies only

The UBRS fire res buff does stack with resistance

The Fire/Frost juju buff stacks with everything

There is an entire list of the way all buffs work and it is not consistent.

I am not proposing that giant and juju stack, nor that giants and brute force stack. I am saying that you should be able to choose whether you want to use giants or brute force. Right now its not really a choice since the +18 stamina doesnt stack so you are just using an inferior and more expensive potion for the strength. Hence the item is rare and never used. If it stacked with fortitude and not giants it would be used.
Resident Paladin Expert

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:03 pm

I would love they stack because i have this recipe and sell them in ah so would be awesome to me

And for my own use as warrior
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Velite

Post by Velite » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:05 pm

Bumping this thread since someone actually has the recipe on this server now.
Resident Paladin Expert

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:40 am

Flak89 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:51 am
A other problem have I see with my shaman totem lässt round in Bwl 147 fire resist an drop my totem 60 fire ressi I have look 174 fire ress... Maybe is this a bug why added a totem 30 fire res? Not 60?
Fire totem and paladin aura don't stack with druids mark of the wild and the corresponding gift.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:45 pm

I have both recipes and use both.... Im pretty sure they stack

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:27 am

Raukodor wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:45 pm
Watch out, This server lets you consume, for example, agility potions + mongoose, and you'll see both buffs active on you. But your crit increase will show that only mongoose works. So double check for us, check your hp values before and after and see if they do properly stack or if one's effect just doesnt apply. Also check with fort and motw.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:18 pm

So dont stack? I was wrong

Darreno

Post by Darreno » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:38 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:27 am
Raukodor wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:45 pm
Watch out, This server lets you consume, for example, agility potions + mongoose, and you'll see both buffs active on you. But your crit increase will show that only mongoose works. So double check for us, check your hp values before and after and see if they do properly stack or if one's effect just doesnt apply. Also check with fort and motw.
very true, always double check the values in the character tab.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:35 pm

damn i jsut bought 20 elixir of brute force. now i realsied they are useless since stam doesnt stack with spirit buff and for streght their is elixir of giants with 25 stregnth. eeeh

similair with the 25 wisdom eliir and elixir of sages with 18 int 18 spirit.
all useless sincen ot stacking with priest and mages

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:05 pm

I think buffs that add player power ontop of a fully class buffed player, is one category. Type 1 consumes.
And buffs that catch up a dungeon player or world solo player, closer to raid power level, but are useless within raids... this is okay. Type 2 consumes.

Thing is, they aren't clearly marked. It is ALWAYS a disappointment when you find a consumable of type 2, and then slowly realize it isn't a type 1. For me this was juju guile :(

Either we merge all type 2s into being type 1, which will cause buff cap concerns and further expand the budget we can spend on maximum consuming... Or we clearly mark type 2s as "Does not stack with XYZ".

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:29 pm

Elixir of Brute Force is such a huge meme. The recipe takes ages of dealing with terrible RNG to get and then you realize it doesn't stack with anything and doesn't even work as a PvP elixir due to its crafting cost.

It'd be fine as a budget option if the cost was heavily toned down and the recipe made easier to get.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:38 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:29 pm
Elixir of Brute Force is such a huge meme. The recipe takes ages of dealing with terrible RNG to get and then you realize it doesn't stack with anything and doesn't even work as a PvP elixir due to its crafting cost.

It'd be fine as a budget option if the cost was heavily toned down and the recipe made easier to get.
For sure 100% yeah i definitely think if we are gonna have these type 2 consumables, they should at least be super cheap as hell. Maybe even suspiciously cheap. So people aren't surprised when the catch hits them, thats its no good in raids.

Ibux

Post by Ibux » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:29 pm

Same thing with Elixir of Greater Intellect / Juju Guile. Neither stacking with mage intellect buff. but those Juju's are nice and cheap enough to use when you are lacking a mage in the party. but they could have added spell crit to the Elixir imo.