Unique Warlock mounts for each race

Totalmxo

Unique Warlock mounts for each race

Post by Totalmxo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:59 pm

Howdy everyone! Ranthos here. TABC and I were thinking of some ideas and Daave brought up a great point. Orc warlocks on the Felsteed look silly. This made us start thinking of ideas to fix this. After much talk, Kratos suggested that I should make it a formal suggestion so here I am. We came up with unique mounts for each race that can play as a warlock. To start with, humans and undead can keep the felsteed because it looks normal for them (also each of their race mounts are horses anyways). For Gnomes, maybe a flaming MechaStrider or one with black and red flames would be really cool! Next is Orc's. A felwolf would be a really cool mount for them. Lastly, goblins should get a flaming motorcycle (kinda like ghost rider). This is not super important, but would be really cool if this ends up getting put into the game.

Goodwater

Re: Unique Warlock mounts for each race

Post by Goodwater » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:12 pm

That would add some nice flavor to Warlocks! Cool idea, especially the felwolves.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:09 pm

Give us the models and we'll implement them
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Starkobjekt

Post by Starkobjekt » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:16 pm

Those are HD models, doesn't fit the server at all

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:21 am

We try to stick with models that fit with the vanilla aesthetic, so these models arn’t something we would consider unfortunately.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Totalmxo

Post by Totalmxo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 am

So y’all couldn’t just downgrade the textures on the models like what you did with the foxes from cata?

The gnome one is from WOTLK, so that one should work well with the current server, but if we can’t downgrade the models then I can keep looking just let me know :)

Starkobjekt

Post by Starkobjekt » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:59 am

Foxes are cata models so not that far but those wolves are really far, unfortunately. I like the idea of felwolves tho

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:43 pm

unfortunately its not just the textures its the overall complexity of later models (animations, particles, vertices) that makes them very distinguishable from vanilla models
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Laurent

Post by Laurent » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:07 pm

Hey so, I have quite a few ideas for mounts that could be added for all the races!
Most of these are creatures that aren't currently rideable in the game at all, so it's somewhat depending on whether you can make them ridable - strap a saddle on them or just let the player sit on them.
----------------------
All for Naught?
---
Kylent
Remi
Trixie
Weazil
----------------------

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:22 pm

You can make a new thread if they are mounts unrelated to warlocks, or just post here.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29