Hunters and Taming of a Mount

Cervantes

Hunters and Taming of a Mount

Post by Cervantes » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:12 pm

Hunter Mount Taming

I've got a few suggestions for the Hunter Class I will pop one here ad another one in a different post.

The Hunter Class is a class based around their links to the natural world and animals,
I've always thought they should get the skill to tame a mount.

This wouldn't be a easy task and would require a questline (That I don't mind having a go at making) and building up trust to said creature- maybe you need some special foods to befriend the creature.
It can work a bit like how the turtle mount works as you level the speed of that mount gets faster, kinda like you could say as you bond with the creature it becomes a better mount to you.
Naming the mount could be a nice touch to making it more your own steed.
In most fantasy story the hero's mount is an important creature and his companion, and I would like this for WoW.

Ideas of how to make it work

1. I'm not saying that all creatures can become mounts, just a few because I know how much work would go into making those meshes rideable. This idea is you can tame wild creatures with a "New Spell"
called Art of the Wild Ride, sounds nasty.

Feed it foods and maybe take it to a "Beast Master / Animal Tamer NPC" for a couple to days to train it in, or just have it with you until you can ride it. The Pet meshes could be scaled up so the players character could sit on it, this some work so that's why I've got a 2nd idea.

2. Use of original old mounts. They could be placed in the world and a "Beast Master / Animal Tamer NPC"
who trains you in Art of the Wild Ride, could be used to be able to tame them.
Here is the list of those mounts

Horn of the Arctic Wolf
Horn of the Red Wolf
Green Kodo
Teal Kodo
Whistle of the Ivory Raptor
Whistle of the Mottled Red Raptor
Palomino Bridle
White Stallion Bridle
Reins of the Nightsaber
Reins of the Frostsaber
Frost Ram
Black Ram

https://classic.wowhead.com/guide=9517/ ... e6-dwarves
Scroll down and you can see them.

(I think I got them all) OR the hues of the textures could be changed so they are unique to the server.

"Beast Master / Animal Tamer NPC" could a be Neutral NPC in a Neutral zone or there could be one in Durotar: Razor Hill / Sen'jin Village for the Horde, and for the Alliance one Elwynn Forest: Eastvale Logging Camp, I think this are good places to have the "Beast Master / Animal Tamer NPC"

Minimal level for this Feat would be level 10.

I feed like my pet does have a personally. My old level 60 hunter back in the day had his first pet all the way to max level and it work well and looked cool. Our raiding guild called the NightCrawlers on Stormrage Server had a pet Wild Boar as there mascot. I feel the Hunter is a great class to expand into the area of mount taming.

Please let me know your thoughts, its only a Suggestion :) Many thanks
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Sultansaxophone

Re: Hunters and Taming of a Mount

Post by Sultansaxophone » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:56 pm

I like this idea a lot :D

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:48 am

Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Neverous

Post by Neverous » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:10 pm

This sounds great. I'd wonder if it could go one further. How about hunters being able to tame a few exotic mounts (I'd like a red hyena, or maybe one of battle boars with the armour from Roazorfen). There is precident, in the paladin and warlock mounts, which are long quest chains to get.

You could let hunters sell them on the AH, but severely limit the ability (by difficulty, or even with a reagent in the 'training leash' we can only make so many of so often) so you don't upend the economy.

Hope I didn't hijack the thread, but I had to put it out there.

Stenerjoe2

Post by Stenerjoe2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:43 am

The boars with armor from Razorfen is tameable, if im not wrong.
Emmizabeth ¤ Shadow Priest ¤ Part time Banshee, full time sweetheart

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:02 pm

Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight