High Levels Joining Low Level Dungeons (but are lowered in level)

Himyname

High Levels Joining Low Level Dungeons (but are lowered in level)

Post by Himyname » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:52 am

It would be nice if high levels can play low level dungeons and get XP out of it. The gear wouldn't be very desirable and remain the way it is but what if high levels like a level 50-60 join a dungeon let's say SFK and are temporarily de-leveled into level 21-30 when they're inside the dungeon. They can still make XP out of it (this would be good for HC high levels that have no quests to do), there would be more people willing to do low level dungeons as well. They will also get a permanent debuff that lowers their stats down by X% so their currently equipped gear doesn't make it too easy for them.

There can be some kind of reward system that let's them get loot as well. Maybe tokens from the bosses that when collected gets them something like vanity items like a tabard, pet, shirt, bags etc. You must out level the dungeon enough to get de-leveled to have these tokens drop of course. I just thought what about a buff as well. Raiders love their buffs. They can also receive a 1-2 hour buff after completing a low level dungeon that increases their stats for a raid very high.

Like if they do SM dungeons they can collect enough tokens to get the Tabard of the Scarlet Crusade. Every token is specific to that dungeon type.

Lexi

Re: High Levels Joining Low Level Dungeons (but are lowered in level)

Post by Lexi » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:53 am

These ideas don't seem very vanilla-like and I suspect changes like these would be extremely unpopular, have you thought of any similar ideas that aren't as far from things we've seen in vanilla?

Himyname

Post by Himyname » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:43 pm

Uhm at this point lot of the features in the game or planned aren't vanilla like. Such as arenas being planned and all these transporters. They're even planning on putting portals on expansion. And what I suggested isn't breaking any lore. I'm against many things that make the game less vanilla like (usually things done out of convenience) like summoning stones etc. What I suggest isn't convenience but trying to mold the community and bringing them back to dungeons.

Snigery

Post by Snigery » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:56 pm

I think this is an amazing idea! I am glad someone else not only enjoys the lower level dungeon experience, but playing challengingly with lower level players!

Rather than work solely for dungeons, this should be a party mechanic that enables all forms of group play (quests, pvp, exploration, and dungeons). This system has existed in other games; That I know of is City of Heroes in which lower-level players may be scaled up to a higher-level benefactor as a sidekick, or higher level players may join lower level instances and be scaled down. While their stats are adjusted and spells locked off from use, if you were appropriately upgraded, youd play as a more well equipped player of that level bracket.

This system worked very well and I loved it. The barrier between players was removed and allowed us to enjoy the game and eachother. With WoW its always a challenge because the level journey is one where we are all at different stages, stages which greatly affect our performance and unfortunately the progress of eachother (exp gain). In a way this is part of the design. WoW is competetive, but for a PVE server, this design gets in the way. Personally i enjoy the leveling journey dungeons and group play. I am always inclined to have dedicated characters at the 20s, 30, and 40s to run dungeons.

This is a feature I would greatly endorse and which would help the server and unite the player base. Factions have bee criss-crossed, lets criss-cross level brackets!
Lexi wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:53 am
These ideas don't seem very vanilla-like and I suspect changes like these would be extremely unpopular, have you thought of any similar ideas that aren't as far from things we've seen in vanilla?
Dont be so stringent. There are plenty un-Vanilla implementations. This is a Vanilla like pve rp server with a focus on preserving the lore of Vanilla, not the expansion. Youd have to know this? We have Goblins and High Elves as playable races! Its crazy! And there have been considerations to, by deault, incorporate the Looking For Turtles addon into a later patch. This suggestion, is a welcome mechanic that by no means diminishes the game as it is.

Therefore, Himmy name, we must not add incentives that would ruin this idea. There is no need to add extra purpose for other to use this system, or special rewards. It might alteady be unnecessary for them to still gain any meaningful experience as if higher level players farm lower level dungeons to 60, it could impact group play for those dungeons. I think to start, this would be a welcome mechanic only as a means of uniting players to share group play. There is no need of rewards.