Plainsrunning in battlegrounds but with a caveat

Olin

Plainsrunning in battlegrounds but with a caveat

Post by Olin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi there,

I think we can all agree that plainsrunning with the WSG-flag is waaay to overpowered.

But what if you made it so that, just like with a normal mount, activating plainsrunning would make you drop the flag? It would take away the OP'nes of the ability but still make it so the cows can enjoy their ability in BGs.

Cheers!

Sinrek

Re: Plainsrunning in battlegrounds but with a caveat

Post by Sinrek » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:09 am

Battlegrounds are the places of battle and strife. Such harsh and taxing environment puts even the strongest and most sturdy might have a hard time keeping their resolve and benefit from all their racial bonuses.

One of such effects takes tauren to the limit of their mental capacity and Plainsrunning is way too hard to keep on battlegrounds. Therefore it's best to have a mount as your means of faster movement there.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Aomiaz

Post by Aomiaz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:59 am

This is such a good idea. It will just be like blessing of protection, iceblock, vanish.
I highly recommand developers to consider this fix.

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:04 pm

Disagree. It's too much of a gamechanger for ANY of the battlegrounds, not just for flag carrying. Makes it very easy to get away from or catch up to anyone since they don't have to stop to mount.

Aomiaz

Post by Aomiaz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:40 pm

Fizzeek wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:04 pm
Disagree. It's too much of a gamechanger for ANY of the battlegrounds, not just for flag carrying. Makes it very easy to get away from or catch up to anyone since they don't have to stop to mount.
But, the reason for disabling plainsrunning in Warsong, was because of flag running? Because capturing flag means Winning in this game mode?

I mean having some cow fleeing from battle isn't game breaking? Druids, Mages, Rogues can already do that (running away) in battle ground. And there are also already many counters too. e.g. Sheep, Entangling Roots, Wyvern Sting, Net, Rocket helmet, death coil into a fear etc. Those already works very well against Mounted players, so it will work on a Tauren. (keep in mind mounted players don't slow down when taking damage, plainsrunning is inferior to Mount in this aspect.)

When we give a new skills to a class, don't we expect pvp dynamic to change abit? And the season for disabling plainsrunning in warsong was because of the game mode. That's why plainsrunning isn't disabled anywhere else.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:43 pm

Plainsrunning was disabled in bgs because you could still use abilities due to it not technically being a mount, as well as being able to carry the flag in wsg, but it got nerfed at some point and now has all the disadvantages of a mount with all the disadvantages of plainsrunning. There's no reason to continue to disallow it.

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:48 pm

I don't have a 40+ cow to test with, are you forced to stand still for 3s to "mount up" like a normal mount? If so that would certainly even it out.

Still tempted to say it's a bad idea. Smaller form factor of being on foot, combined with the usual shrinking items, would make you crazy tiny at mount speed. I guess I'm just not seeing why this is a necessary addition to Battlegrounds. It feels like something that people would find a way to abuse into giving them an advantage, and brings nothing to the game.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:34 pm

It takes 5 seconds to get to 100%, and any attacks you take will slow you down as opposed to just ones that daze you. Other than that, it's a mount. The times that plainsrunning would be better than just mounting would be few and far between, and if someone can make use of it, they should be able to. No one is saying dwarves should not be able to activate stoneform, or that orcs should not get to ignore one of the main CCs because it would bring an advantage; wow pvp is entirely about exploiting every advantage you have, after all. Potions, gear, or in this case, racials. It's nonsensical to allow some but not others.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:02 pm

Some aren't that much overpowered as others. Movement is one of the basic ones, if you have it way too powerful (just like Plainsrunning is) now then you'll end up realising it's useless to combat against those who have it.

You don't have to trust me on a word though. Make an experiment. Place a tauren at the start of your tunnel right next to you. Start running toward the other tunnel across the WSG battlefield. See who runs up to it first. Do the same with your mount. Report results later.

Now, by WSG battlefield I mean something similar in range. That could even be a southern part of Gold Road as a training range.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:57 am

I might have agreed before it was nerfed due to pvp, but as it is, it has more disadvantages than a normal mount. If someone can make use of the bonuses, they should be able to. Either revert the nerf, or let them use it.