Classes t 0 set pieces

Griffith961

Classes t 0 set pieces

Post by Griffith961 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:25 am

Ok i wanna bring a little attention to something we all struggle with and it is farming the t 0 set items
You all know the common "i've done 20 runs for mine and as soon as i log my alt it drops"
So i wanted to make couple of suggestions and maybe have some people add their's as well. Now the biggest problem isn't the droprate, sure i can handle doing 30 Straholmes for the pants but when i did that last time i got the Pants for my rogue quest taken by a Resto druid "in case he needs it", and now im probably never going to see them drop again.
Look the quest is long and costs a bunch anyways so why not add some help to us grinding, perhaps add a Class to it, or increase the number of big ones dropped like Chest/Pants/Head from 1-3.
Thing is the quote "ninjaing" doesn't get punished and we are now getting, together with less runs, dungeon runs that have to reserve items like that, and it's usually done by the same classes that usually get "stolen" from.
Just a suggestion nothing else, i just feel like his is a big roadblock to my progress.
If Ferals or Enhas or whatever don't like their t 0.5 rewards, maybe give them another option or something, so they can look forward to getting their own pieces.

Calli

Re: Classes t 0 set pieces

Post by Calli » Fri May 03, 2024 6:35 am

I suggest you join a guild and run those dungeons together with gmates, pugs are always like that, they need everything.
I play tank so I have the freedom to make ideal comps so all plate goes to me xD

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Fri May 03, 2024 8:51 am

Griffith961 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:25 am
Ok i wanna bring a little attention to something we all struggle with and it is farming the t 0 set items
You all know the common "i've done 20 runs for mine and as soon as i log my alt it drops"
So i wanted to make couple of suggestions and maybe have some people add their's as well. Now the biggest problem isn't the droprate, sure i can handle doing 30 Straholmes for the pants but when i did that last time i got the Pants for my rogue quest taken by a Resto druid "in case he needs it", and now im probably never going to see them drop again.
Look the quest is long and costs a bunch anyways so why not add some help to us grinding, perhaps add a Class to it, or increase the number of big ones dropped like Chest/Pants/Head from 1-3.
Thing is the quote "ninjaing" doesn't get punished and we are now getting, together with less runs, dungeon runs that have to reserve items like that, and it's usually done by the same classes that usually get "stolen" from.
Just a suggestion nothing else, i just feel like his is a big roadblock to my progress.
If Ferals or Enhas or whatever don't like their t 0.5 rewards, maybe give them another option or something, so they can look forward to getting their own pieces.
Before your dungeon run, you can ask your tank nicely to put master loot and give you your set piece from the boss if it drops. I've done it sometimes for teammates.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri May 03, 2024 1:48 pm

Just pug some raids. Most shit outclasses dungeon tier gear so there's literally zero point in even trying for it.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri May 03, 2024 8:12 pm

My idea is to make all T0 pieces BoE. At least people would have alternative way of acquiring these items through AH. 3 pieces of this set have already been BoE. Why not to broaden BoE-bility to other items, too?
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Fri May 03, 2024 9:50 pm

T0 has historically been broken by design on any vanilla server the moment MC opens.

MC is easier to farm and offers superior rewards. Guilds with points system also give geared players incentive to run MC even if they don't need anything.

Meanwhile T0 is underwhelming to say the least. Most people who want it are completionists. An small upgrade to the set might make it a bit more worthwhile.

Adding "Class" requirement to the gear could help with ninjaing, but it will not make it easier to get the gear in most cases.

Making T0.5 cheaper to get would be another possible solution. This would mean there would be more players incentivised to run dungeons and get their sets. Right now i think it would cost almost 1000g to do the full set. Which is absurd. It has always been expensive; and it has always been absurd.

Griffith961

Post by Griffith961 » Wed May 08, 2024 11:09 pm

Zulnam wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:50 pm
T0 has historically been broken by design on any vanilla server the moment MC opens.
Actually idk if you checked but they had quite change the t0.5 pieces to where they are extremely useful for some classes. Check out hunter stats, those are insane.

I've done fun MC runs on my twink hunter will nearly a complete set, i easily out dps ppl in t2 (not all ofc). I have checked, my stats rival that of t1 hunter. Also why are there so many rogues sporting t 0.5 tier fully if they are destroyed by t1?

They got amazing stats and some have amazing bonuses. If you're not t2.5 yet you can combine your t2 with t 0.5 and u have yourself a machine, i know i got out dpsed by such guy last night t2 vs full t 0.5. Not only me .but 2 other rogues