Solo dungeons

Unangwata

Solo dungeons

Post by Unangwata » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:20 pm

Not always there is party for dungeon available and sometimes you feel like solo action but quests are too easy.

How about Solo dungeons. Small easy accessible optimized for one person (and only one person can enter). Would be fun addition for boring times.
There are many potential reward options. Could be accessible from city. Different difficulty levels to chose perhaps ?

Not sure if the server could handle that many instances tho..

Gheor

Re: Solo dungeons

Post by Gheor » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:50 pm

And where would this dungeons be placed?
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:02 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:50 pm
And where would this dungeons be placed?
You mean access portal or actual instance ? No idea,I don't have access to these things. Don't know if for example a cave could be turned into instance. Other than that even existing instances could be used for solo mode. Don't know.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:04 am

Right, as I always say, everything is a maybe.
I don’t see myself spending time on it at this very moment, but who knows what the future holds.
-

Balake

Post by Balake » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:56 am

It's impossible to make something balanced well for a single player. The difference between classes is too big when it comes to solo content. If the dungeon is balanced around being doable by every class even the weakest ones, then warlocks and hunters will dominate it.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:17 pm

Balake wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:56 am
It's impossible to make something balanced well for a single player. The difference between classes is too big when it comes to solo content. If the dungeon is balanced around being doable by every class even the weakest ones, then warlocks and hunters will dominate it.
I find it not true. Whole world pve is balanced. Of course some classes have it easier, some harder. Can't do anything about that. Playing warlock is not the same as playing war. At least worth a try..

Toirto

Post by Toirto » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:13 pm

You would need to make them class specific then or something like that.

Cogitek

Post by Cogitek » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:32 am

Its a good idea but it would need to have a lockout like raids so that you cant spam it

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:51 pm

I don`t like the idea for a few reasons:

Classes with stealth ability would be able to farm bosses and could leave the rest of the dungeon behind whilst other classes might struggle with trash npcs.

The calss design IS very different. That paired with very specific boss design would favour certain classes over others.

Also, WoW is a team based game, especially when it comes to dungeons. Finding a group for dungeons is also an essential part of the game where you find friends and need to interact with people to have success.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:08 pm

Chlothar wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:51 pm
I don`t like the idea for a few reasons:

Classes with stealth ability would be able to farm bosses and could leave the rest of the dungeon behind whilst other classes might struggle with trash npcs.

The calss design IS very different. That paired with very specific boss design would favour certain classes over others.

Also, WoW is a team based game, especially when it comes to dungeons. Finding a group for dungeons is also an essential part of the game where you find friends and need to interact with people to have success.
Why would stealth class wan't to skip dungeon if action was the goal in first place. Besides it's easy to add stealth detection mobs.
Classes are different and some will always have it easier, yet nobody is bothered by that when leveling. The purpose is for fun, not competition.
It's team based game but nobody is forcing you to.
And what's the logic in denying it for other's just because you wouldn't play it ?

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:06 pm

To answer in the same manner.

Why would it be added just because you want to play it?

People have different opinions, I for one also am against the idea, simply because it’d need new zones and quirks, scripting and overall it should be different by class.
-

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:39 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:06 pm
To answer in the same manner.

Why would it be added just because you want to play it?

People have different opinions, I for one also am against the idea, simply because it’d need new zones and quirks, scripting and overall it should be different by class.
If you are against a suggestion because you are too lazy then should have tell that in advance and spare people an effort.
And your argument is silly and stupid, an attempt to reply with smarty response only makes you look opposite, why would I download WoW if I didn't want to play it ? Or make an suggestion I didn't want to use ? If you imply I'm the only one who wants to play it then you need to do survey first. Besides, different opinion is useless if the purpose is to deny something you don't like even if some do, just for sake of it, while bringing nothing useful in place. Useless opinion are just useless opinions.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:54 pm

While the suggestion itself might sound plausible for some classes it'd not be feasible to create so much content to so small amount of possible players.

I'd better be asking for bringing back transmog feature, fixed and ready for use.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:31 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:39 pm
If you are against a suggestion because you are too lazy
That's it.
You have just declared your own defeat.

Thank you for playing.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Roxanneflowers wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:31 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:39 pm
If you are against a suggestion because you are too lazy
That's it.
You have just declared your own defeat.

Thank you for playing.
I wasn't fighting in the first place. That's where we are different.
Up to some point in personal development people are just either oppressor, or the victim. Switching roles whenever they can or when they see opportunity. You can see it in relationships, games, job. Doesn't apply to me. I focus on subject while people focus on people instead.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:53 am

If I were to implement something like this, it would be a two-man structure instead to bring up the shortcomings some classes have with solo content and balance things out a little better. I'd also make it short, like a few rooms, or maybe even just one big room with doors opening up in sequence for the next encounter as the last one ends. There was a Wrath dungeon that was a jail that worked similarly that could be used as inspiration.

If I were to make this dungeon, I'd need some ideas on what, exactly, would be the theme or lore element for it. Personally, I'd have one in SW or Org where you go down seedy alleyways and thugs pop out from doorways. Could be presented like a "clean up the streets" mission that takes a sinister turn near the end, probably some demon or cult leader manipulating the local underground to sow discord for some still unknown higher purpose that might be dove into deeper with a quest starter dropping off the final boss like in Deadmines. Wouldn't even need to be long, just a single boss at the end and maybe a couple of tougher mobs along the way with CC mechanics.

Then again I'm lazy and giving any vehicle for other people to ride on for my own idea is too much to ask.

Himyname

Post by Himyname » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:56 pm

I can't imagine a class like warrior for example having much variety in a solo dungeon. And if the dungeons were designed to be challenging based on the intricate utility of other classes how would warriors fair? All warriors do is charge, attack, attack and attack. Maybe hamstring and kite a bit but not much.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:10 pm

I think you haven't played a warrior

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Himyname wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:56 pm
All warriors do is charge, attack, attack and attack.
All Rogues do is Stealth, attack, attack and attack.
All Mages do is Cast, cast, cast, cast and cast.
All Hunters do is Auto Shoot ... and occasionally shoot a spell shot (maybe).

I could go on, but I'd like to think I've made my point.
Unangwata wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:10 pm
I think you haven't played a warrior
Much as it pains me to do this ... I'm going to have to agree that it certainly sounds like Himyname hasn't played a Warrior nor learned HOW a Warrior is played.

As I had to explain to someone (outside of WoW) recently ... just because your car is powered by an internal combustion engine, that doesn't mean you're supposed to set it on fire to turn it on. Yes, there is fire involved in how it works (see: internal combustion), but it has to be done RIGHT in order to function PROPERLY. Do not oversimplify to the point where you come to the WRONG conclusion with confidence.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Roxanneflowers wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:51 pm
Much as it pains me to do this ... I'm going to have to agree that it certainly sounds like Himyname hasn't played a Warrior nor learned HOW a Warrior is played.
You little.. How dare you ?! You always supposed to agree with me ! Wait, or you always disagree...I mixed it up.

Himyname

Post by Himyname » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:48 pm

At this point I haven't heard anything from you two about how a warrior is played. Just you haven't played a warrior. Get into some details otherwise what you said has no weight. There's honestly not much you can do as a warrior except get better weapons and armor then put them into auto attacking. Most of the time vanilla warriors rely on other classes to change the outcome of the fight by cleansing, healing, cc, stuns etc.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:37 pm

Locking this topic, this shouldn't turn into a disagreement discussion, keep those personal.
-