Make WorldPvP great again

Noshu

Make WorldPvP great again

Post by Noshu » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:43 am

World pvp is dead, and has been dead since forever (or at least for as long as I've played on the server). The warmode system is not good for anything except lvling faster.

My suggestion:
Make an existing zone, or add a new zone (some island or whatever), that's completely dedicated to world pvp. In this zone everyone are always flagged for pvp, reglardless of "mode". This zone has events, bosses, objectives, etc which all reward a good amount of honor. This is the zone where pvpers like to hang out between battleground queues or just for some world pvp action.

The zone has some kind of reputation faction, which you gain reputation with for doing content in the zone. The reputation faction has great pvp rewards, (similar or better than blood ring), as well as pvp enchants and other pvp oriented crafting recipies.

The zone is also rich in resources, black lotuses and rich thorium veins are common, so it's a great place to roam for maiking gold, but at high risk since you'll be competing for the nodes while pvp flagged.

Basically a zone that is heavily incentivized to visit, so that people can actually kill eachother in the world. Vanilla+ without world pvp is more like Vanilla-

Edit:
suggestion is for Nordanaar mainly, but could work for Tel'Abim too
Last edited by Noshu on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nitaya

Re: Make WorldPvP great again

Post by Nitaya » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:49 am

You just described alterac valley.
rewards
resources

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:01 am

Nitaya wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:49 am
You just described alterac valley.
rewards
resources
Except that alterac valley is horrible and is not world pvp

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:26 am

Noshu wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:43 am
My suggestion:
Make an existing zone, or add a new zone (some island or whatever), that's completely dedicated to world pvp. In this zone everyone are always flagged for pvp, reglardless of "mode". This zone has events, bosses, objectives, etc which all reward a good amount of honor. This is the zone where pvpers like to hang out between battleground queues or just for some world pvp action.
Sounds like what I briefly mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?p=89773&hilit=dark+portal

Would be cool indeed turtle_tongue_head

Edit:
but it's important to note that if PvPers are cut off from the rest of the world, it won't really be wPvP... What defines wPvP is its inherent connection to the world.

So, there would also need to be "classic" farming, and access to some PvE events/quests/bosses/raids, to have a variety of players and make it truly lively
Last edited by Ragetto on Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:32 am

we do bro! enjoy! happy_turtle_head

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:03 pm

Ragetto wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:26 am
Noshu wrote:
My suggestion:
Sounds like what I briefly mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?p=89773&hilit=dark+portal

Would be cool indeed turtle_tongue_head

Edit:
but it's important to note that if PvPers are cut off from the rest of the world, it won't really be wPvP... What defines wPvP is its inherent connection to the world.

So, there would also need to be "classic" farming, and access to some PvE events/quests/bosses/raids, to have a variety of players and make it truly lively
Cool idea m8, I think it sounds great! :)

Yea, optimally I'd prefer if the server was just a normal pvp server, but that's not the case unfortunately. Also I won't reroll on tel'abim with a population of 300. I think this idea is the best/closest we can get to worldPvP and will concentrate the people who want to do world pvp into one area, which will make it very much alive in that area.

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:04 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:32 am
we do bro! enjoy! happy_turtle_head

Says video unavailable

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:49 pm

Objectives, rewards, incentives, etc, will do nothing as long as the core system is completely dysfunctional (blue walling, WM, flagging) and the class balance is non-existent.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:49 am

People don't want to do World PvP. They released a PvP server so people can have World PvP, that server is dead and keeps losing players every week, it only shows nobody is interested in PvP.

Turtle WoW is a PvE server and this is what is fun and interesting about it.

There is nothing to be done about it anymore.

Stinkyjames

Post by Stinkyjames » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:54 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:49 am
People don't want to do World PvP. They released a PvP server so people can have World PvP, that server is dead and keeps losing players every week, it only shows nobody is interested in PvP.

Ah yes, segregating people and then ignoring them like lepers proves that noone cares about pvp.
The pvp queus are shorter than pve. Youre a goof if you think this server doesnt have pvp or noone cares.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:06 pm

Noshu wrote:

The zone has some kind of reputation faction, which you gain reputation with for doing content in the zone. The reputation faction has great pvp rewards, (similar or better than blood ring), as well as pvp enchants and other pvp oriented crafting recipies.

The zone is also rich in resources, black lotuses and rich thorium veins are common, so it's a great place to roam for maiking gold, but at high risk since you'll be competing for the nodes while pvp flagged.

Basically a zone that is heavily incentivized to visit, so that people can actually kill eachother in the world. Vanilla+ without world pvp is more like Vanilla-
Most of your description fits Alterac Valley from patch 1.5 that luckily was restored in Turtle WoW. You should check it out. If you think AV on this server looks as bad as in other private servers/WoW Classic, then you are wrong and should change your mind. There are many objectives to do (some are PVE, some are PVP), world boss stays in the middle, there are many herbs and mining veins. You have reputation to farm with nice rewards. Zone is that big that you can actually treat it not like battleground but WPVP zone.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:15 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:06 pm
Most of your description fits Alterac Valley from patch 1.5 that luckily was restored in Turtle WoW. You should check it out. If you think AV on this server looks as bad as in other private servers/WoW Classic, then you are wrong and should change your mind. There are many objectives to do (some are PVE, some are PVP), world boss stays in the middle, there are many herbs and mining veins. You have reputation to farm with nice rewards. Zone is that big that you can actually treat it not like battleground but WPVP zone.
On paper, there might be similarities, but I think that Alterac would be a horribly implemented version of what he has in mind.

It's nothing like a zone (different from BG/instance) where you can spend time. It's really just a BG with two clearly identified camps and very specific objectives. Just bigger.

PS: I don't hate Alterac at all, as a BG, I like it (even though unbalanced). It's just not a wPvP zone as described earlier.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:07 pm

Noshu wrote:

My suggestion:

I think this is a cool idea. It's also how games like Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) approach world PvP - by having a dedicated zone for it.

Something else they could explore is, buffing honour gained in PvP in the open world and some kind of rewards for getting player kills in the open world.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:31 pm

Stinkyjames wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:54 am
Allwynd01 wrote:

Ah yes, segregating people and then ignoring them like lepers proves that noone cares about pvp.
The pvp queus are shorter than pve. Youre a goof if you think this server doesnt have pvp or noone cares.
Then play on the dead PvP server, believe in your own delusions and see how in a few months the population will be 200 players, then 100 players, then 50 players, then it will be shut down and maybe re-merged with the main server.

You can't force people to partake in an activity they aren't interested in - PvP. Especially on a server that is built to be PvE and then a very loud and small minority (I'm talking about you and the other 7 people on the server), came when the server became too popular and started demanding for PvP to be added. First the original server got War Mode, which was a failure, then a PvP server was added "due to popular demand", that also failed.

What other proof do you need that PvP is not what people are interested in? You are one of those who asked for a PvP server, what segregation are you talking about? The only segregation is the one you put yourselves in, so now blame yourself, don't try to blame me, because your demands ended up in a catastrophic failure.

Don't talk about "goofs" when you can't even spell the word "queues" and can't be bothered to spell "no one" properly, even if you are too busy being an RGB Monster Energy gamer to press the apostrophe key, pressing spacebar to spell "no one" correctly should be easier for you... unless... you didn't know that.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:31 pm

Don't talk about "goofs" when you can't even spell the word "queues" and can't be bothered to spell "no one" properly, even if you are too busy being an RGB Monster Energy gamer to press the apostrophe key, pressing spacebar to spell "no one" correctly should be easier for you... unless... you didn't know that.
This is just... yikes. Grilling someone for miss-spelling some things just comes across as elitist and tone-deaf.

Also, I don't see anywhere where OP is "forcing" anyone to do anything.

Furthermore, the TWoW staff aren't just mindless robots with no agency who are forced to implement everything that is being requested. Them adding Warmode and adding a PvP server means that they figured there was something to gain. Whether they misjudged it or not, it is not due to the evil, dastardly PvP players holding a gun to their heads.

Please, touch some grass dead_turtle_head

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:55 pm

In 2076 local people will understand the "we throw rewards and make objects" carrot system doesnt work if the main pvp mechanic is crap for various reasons.

Ibux
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Ibux » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:29 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:55 pm
In 2076 local people will understand the "we throw rewards and make objects" carrot system doesnt work if the main pvp mechanic is crap for various reasons.
interestingly enough it is also the same year that the next turtle wow pvp patch comes out turtle_tongue_head

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:45 pm

Currently, only 2-3 guilds organize vpvp events on the TelAbim server. Basically it comes down to waiting for the raid time of other guilds, and wiping their raid.

Sometimes there are attacks on the capital, but this is very rare. Sometimes battles take place in Hyjal or Silithus.

I think adding only locations with raids or valuable resources is not enough to revive world pvp. Now it rests only on the initiative of people, there is no reward or title given for this, and it is not even suitable for farming honor (lol world pvp does not give you more honor than bg, meaning raid pvp activity does not reward players in any way).

So what can we actually do with what we have now?
1) World pvp glyph!!! - You can no longer join battlegrounds, but it significantly increases your honor from killings. (Perhaps this is too ambiguous a glyph, I think it is necessary to make special quests for this with unique cosmetic and other rewards)
2) Separate location! - as mentioned above, this may motivate people, but an implementation of this scale will take too much time before we see it released (Naxx will probably be released by then).
3) Guild activity! - Some guilds have their own houses, your house is your fortress and you must protect it! (As an ordinary player, I lack imagination on how to implement something like this)

These are just ideas that I would like, you can add to them or suggest something better. But the fact is that Tel Abim is slowly dying and it needs fundamental changes. dead_turtle_head

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:45 pm

Zeran wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:

This is just... yikes. Grilling someone for miss-spelling some things just comes across as elitist and tone-deaf.

Furthermore, the TWoW staff aren't just mindless robots with no agency who are forced to implement everything that is being requested. Them adding Warmode and adding a PvP server means that they figured there was something to gain. Whether they misjudged it or not, it is not due to the evil, dastardly PvP players holding a gun to their heads.

Tell me what did I do to insult you? I might want to do it again.

Telling me to "touch grass", which has been said so many times that it lost it's meaning, doesn't make the PvP more alive on Turtle WoW and it doesn't make you any less stuck in your mom's basement at 40 years old without a day of work.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:28 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:45 pm
Zeran wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:

Tell me what did I do to insult you? I might want to do it again.

Telling me to "touch grass", which has been said so many times that it lost it's meaning, doesn't make the PvP more alive on Turtle WoW and it doesn't make you any less stuck in your mom's basement at 40 years old without a day of work.
Looks like I hit a nerve turtle_tongue_head

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Dakkashagga

Post by Dakkashagga » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:30 pm

my guild bloodclaw clan does wpvp often. we will destroy stormwind soon enough and have held our ground at the gates for an hour, took over ironforge for an hour and a half and harass alliance zones all the time. make an orc and join us and we will do wpvp

Stinkyjames

Post by Stinkyjames » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:12 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Stinkyjames wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:54 am
Allwynd01 wrote:

Then play on the dead PvP server, believe in your own delusions and see how in a few months the population will be 200 players, then 100 players, then 50 players, then it will be shut down and maybe re-merged with the main server.

You can't force people to partake in an activity they aren't interested in - PvP. Especially on a server that is built to be PvE and then a very loud and small minority (I'm talking about you and the other 7 people on the server), came when the server became too popular and started demanding for PvP to be added. First the original server got War Mode, which was a failure, then a PvP server was added "due to popular demand", that also failed.

What other proof do you need that PvP is not what people are interested in? You are one of those who asked for a PvP server, what segregation are you talking about? The only segregation is the one you put yourselves in, so now blame yourself, don't try to blame me, because your demands ended up in a catastrophic failure.

If you can not show charity and love, then remove the icon of Christ from your profile. You are a disgrace to speak to people in the way you do. Especially when it bares false witness.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:15 am

Stinkyjames wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:12 am

If you can not show charity and love, then remove the icon of Christ from your profile. You are a disgrace to speak to people in the way you do. Especially when it bares false witness.
Part of being Christians is realizing we are all sinners, rebels and enemies of God and only by His holy grace, He has not destroyed us yet. I make mistakes, every day, but I won't back down when I get jumped on by several people at once for not having sympathy for their first world problems. Reevaluate what you're defending here, because it's sad.

PvP is still dead and nothing will fix it. People just aren't interested. Why are they leaving? Because it's a whim that that people quickly found out it got boring. Turtle WoW started as a PvE server. I was here in 2018 when it had x0.5 XP rate and 50 players on peak times. I've seen it grow and become what it is today. I rode out the Chinese wave too, now we are witnessing the end of the PvP wave - people realizing PvP is boring and not as fulfilling as PvE so they quit playing. Can't blame them, if you want to blame me for the death of PvP, go on ahead, I still haven't began caring and most likely never will, so feel free to begin blaming me.

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:09 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:15 am
Stinkyjames wrote:

Part of being Christians is realizing we are all sinners, rebels and enemies of God and only by His holy grace, He has not destroyed us yet. I make mistakes, every day, but I won't back down when I get jumped on by several people at once for not having sympathy for their first world problems. Reevaluate what you're defending here, because it's sad.

PvP is still dead and nothing will fix it. People just aren't interested. Why are they leaving? Because it's a whim that that people quickly found out it got boring. Turtle WoW started as a PvE server. I was here in 2018 when it had x0.5 XP rate and 50 players on peak times. I've seen it grow and become what it is today. I rode out the Chinese wave too, now we are witnessing the end of the PvP wave - people realizing PvP is boring and not as fulfilling as PvE so they quit playing. Can't blame them, if you want to blame me for the death of PvP, go on ahead, I still haven't began caring and most likely never will, so feel free to begin blaming me.
Why do you hate pvp so much? And why do you care so much about others giving their opionions about it? It's content in a video game, not a political election.

Stinkyjames

Post by Stinkyjames » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:45 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Stinkyjames wrote:

Being intentionally deceitful and rude online does not get absolved by owning up to being a sinner. Seek repentance.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:12 pm

enjoy!

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 am

Noshu wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:09 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Stinkyjames wrote:

Why do you hate pvp so much? And why do you care so much about others giving their opionions about it? It's content in a video game, not a political election.
Why do you care about my opinion so much? It's just an opinion, unless you value it as verified facts?

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:59 am

Stinkyjames wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:45 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Stinkyjames wrote:

Being intentionally deceitful and rude online does not get absolved by owning up to being a sinner. Seek repentance.
If you choose to ignore truth and call it deceitful, that makes you delusional and ignorant. People sin every day, nobody is perfect except God. And PvP is dead, because people aren't interested in it, don't believe me, believe the PvP servers's population drop this week, and the next one, and the next one.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:48 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:59 am
Stinkyjames wrote:
Allwynd01 wrote:

If you choose to ignore truth and call it deceitful, that makes you delusional and ignorant. People sin every day, nobody is perfect except God. And PvP is dead, because people aren't interested in it, don't believe me, believe the PvP servers's population drop this week, and the next one, and the next one.
I think you're forgetting the tidbit where our friend here insinuated you were being rude. A pretty fair assessment, since one of your first conclusions to be made about a person was that they were in their 40s, lived in their mother's basement, and hadn't worked a day. Pretty heft stuff. Other hurtful things too, but hey- who's really counting?

Point is, I- and I assume everyone else who's spoken so far thinks it's not very christian of you going around and insulting people, then when your callous behavior is addressed you use your religion as some sort of excuse or reasoning for it. Or something along those lines? Eh, not sure. That's how it comes off to me.

Now that I think about it, wasn't talk of religions and other controversies banned here? Haven't you been on the server since 50 pop? Prolly should've picked up on that by now...
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:15 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 am
Noshu wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:09 am
Allwynd01 wrote:

Why do you care about my opinion so much? It's just an opinion, unless you value it as verified facts?
I don't, I just find your personality extremely obnoxious.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:31 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:48 pm

I think you're forgetting the tidbit where our friend here insinuated you were being rude. A pretty fair assessment, since one of your first conclusions to be made about a person was that they were in their 40s, lived in their mother's basement, and hadn't worked a day. Pretty heft stuff. Other hurtful things too, but hey- who's really counting?

Point is, I- and I assume everyone else who's spoken so far thinks it's not very christian of you going around and insulting people, then when your callous behavior is addressed you use your religion as some sort of excuse or reasoning for it. Or something along those lines? Eh, not sure. That's how it comes off to me.

Now that I think about it, wasn't talk of religions and other controversies banned here? Haven't you been on the server since 50 pop? Prolly should've picked up on that by now...
I haven't started any of that. I said PvP is dead, because people aren't interested in it. You are forgetting that my opinion triggered several people who then attacked me in all kinds of different ways. I wasn't the one who began suggesting who should "go outside" or talk about what profile pictures should be used or not.

Go back and read the posts above, in every of these situations you mention, I was provoked. I just stood my ground and now you are trying to demonize me for standing by my opinion that PvP is dead, because people aren't interested in it.

Look hard at yourself and the other people who obviously think they have a beef with me and see how you are twisting facts and trying to put words in my mouth to fit your narrative. This behavior is sociopathic and not normal. You can try to vilify me more if that floats your boat.

I will say it again - PvP is dead, because people aren't interested in it. There was a very loud and vocal minority who demanded to be given a PvP server. Turtle WoW team gave them a PvP server, said PvP server died, because people realized PvP isn't as fun as they thought and they also realized they are a minority. There is no way to revive and revitalize PvP, because people just don't want to do it. It's only a matter of time before the PvP server is shut down or merged back into the PvE server. Hate me all you want, you will see it happen in the near future.
Noshu wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:15 pm

I don't, I just find your personality extremely obnoxious.
Fantastic, carry on then.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:10 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:31 pm

I will say it again - PvP is dead, because people aren't interested in it. There was a very loud and vocal minority who demanded to be given a PvP server. Turtle WoW team gave them a PvP server, said PvP server died, because people realized PvP isn't as fun as they thought and they also realized they are a minority. There is no way to revive and revitalize PvP, because people just don't want to do it. It's only a matter of time before the PvP server is shut down or merged back into the PvE server. Hate me all you want, you will see it happen in the near future.
Nonsense. Pvp servers have always been more popular than pve servers. The initial boom on pvp server was due to the fresh chasers and a number of migrants from the pve server like myself (who got sick of a server where there is nothing to do except raid and BGs). Many then quit playing due to the unfortunate release of SoD and the negativity from individuals like yourself here and on discord - "these trolls who dont play on the server say it sucks, so it must suck".

That said though it would be good if the development team could give a headsup on their short term plans for the pvp server. It has an engaged community and lots of potential but we would appreciate some info on upcoming content release dates etc.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:33 am

Bigsmerf wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:48 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:59 am
Stinkyjames wrote:

Hopefully the guy is just trolling. If he acts anything remotely like that in real-life, I feel sorry for whoever he comes into contact with.

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:03 am

Bjorn88 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:10 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:31 pm

Nonsense. Pvp servers have always been more popular than pve servers. The initial boom on pvp server was due to the fresh chasers and a number of migrants from the pve server like myself (who got sick of a server where there is nothing to do except raid and BGs). Many then quit playing due to the unfortunate release of SoD and the negativity from individuals like yourself here and on discord - "these trolls who dont play on the server say it sucks, so it must suck".

That said though it would be good if the development team could give a headsup on their short term plans for the pvp server. It has an engaged community and lots of potential but we would appreciate some info on upcoming content release dates etc.
Yea I totally agree. The great private servers like nostalrius, elysium, light's hope, etc were all pvp servers. And the world felt very alive and dangerous. On turtle its just meh

Rikkavil

Post by Rikkavil » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:04 am

Noshu described an area other than Alterac Valley. He, like myself, like to have a zone where you can sneak in with the hope of finding wealth while risking being thrashed. This is a series of gambling. Excitement. Give us that!