of Quests and Adventures

Gheor

of Quests and Adventures

Post by Gheor » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 am

Right, I'll keep it short.

Following my dear colleague's example I want too see what players would like to see in game in terms of simple quests or quest chains.

Basically I just want to see ideas, if there is anything that peaks my interest, I'll choose it and me and the mastermind will work on the details, after it's done I will present it to the team and it will be accepted or -not-!

Before going any further you should take that into note, even if I help with the quest it can either be accepted or not, not all my quests go through either sad_turtle_head.

Toss me your ideas of fun, interesting and what you'd like to see in game.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Unangwata

Re: of Quests and Adventures

Post by Unangwata » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:41 am

Fall from Grace
Paladin quest that would involve some underworld criminal scheme and fall of the paladin. The follow up would be redemption quest.

First quest would look innocent and lure the paladin into quest, possible promise of easy obtainable item. Then it would complicate forcing paladin to do questionable things, with last immoral act making paladin fall.

As reward maybe Fallen Paladin items that I mentioned in Item post and perhaps "Fallen" title.

Anyways, there could be always redemption quest available that removes fallen status along with items and title. All nice for RP purposes.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:52 am

This involves new mechanics, new scripting and it's overall a class quest, I was hoping for something more accesible to everyone, a Fallen Paladin is a weird concept in WoW, unless it's a Scourge defiled one.

We can discuss more in dms about an actual reason to make a paladin "fall".
-

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:30 pm

How about this:
Strange Plague in Ratchet.
Following visit of some spooky ship, people in Ratchet start to feel weak and find strange wounds on their neck, 2 dots.
The quest would do some small investigation but will never really solve the puzzle as to what is the source of strange plague.

You can probably see what it is about, I just wonder if such quest would fit in. It will never be solved so although we have an idea what happened, in game terms nothing will be named.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:19 pm

I always love the world exploration and discover hidden places and areas.

My idea is making a npc (Khanzo the explorer my main from 15 years a go hehe) that gives you a "simple"quest. Find a item with a note in one of those sercret areas. But this thing sends you to another secret area. (The note give you some tips to.know where you must go and maybe some lore of.place) Etc etc. Like a gincana.

I love the idea of this quest making people find those places i found long a go and was shoking. My aportation to the world is sharing this knowledge of see those areas. And the final quest give you a amazing reward (because it will be a very long way)

What do you think? You wanna discover the hidden azeroth? Places that maybe you never knew or heard about? I hope so. Im excited to see my dream come true sharing my love for exploring the unknow

Wanna play??💀💀
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:30 am

Contact me on discord, let’s see if we can make this possible, if you are using the name for your char the npc will have another name because of “muh immersion”.
-

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:30 am

I don’t even wanna start thinking about vampires in vanilla, I will pass on that idea.
-

Skalman

Post by Skalman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:06 am

Custom quests customized for the staff-helpers own needs, you mean? Like Shard of Beth'Amara (Lady Janira), a very nice trinket available for ally only? Unfortunately I see Turtle WoW is becoming more and more flooded with custom quests and custom items, made by and made for custom people ...

Continue like this and the vanilla experience is gone.

Turtle WoW -only content is ok, like Sands of Time, and the upcoming xpack, but DO NOT flood the server with custom stuff!

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 am

You’re tossing accusations based on obviously nothing, that quest is months old.
You’re overreacting.
The base game still stands, the content I am creating adds stuff that even if new would feel the same as the old.
It is supposed to be alternative way of leveling, a new way, a new path, a new adventure, if that is not to your liking by all means don’t do it, I am here to create content for those that want to.
The Vanilla Experience won’t be gone, there are quests you do without realizing they were never there in the first place.
-

Skalman

Post by Skalman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 am

"Accusations" is a childish expression, when I criticize things. You should be able to endure this kind of critic. The age of the quest is not relevant. The fact is that you are adding ITEMS that are NOT part of the "base game". And in this case an item that is available for ally only, which seems to be a tendency. Just be very careful with the custom items you create. Quests is another matter, there can never be too many.
Mephistopheles wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 am
You’re tossing accusations based on obviously nothing, that quest is months old.
You’re overreacting.
The base game still stands, the content I am creating adds stuff that even if new would feel the same as the old.
It is supposed to be alternative way of leveling, a new way, a new path, a new adventure, if that is not to your liking by all means don’t do it, I am here to create content for those that want to.
The Vanilla Experience won’t be gone, there are quests you do without realizing they were never there in the first place.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:42 am

Well if you’d suggest a Horde counterpart for that Alliance quest is very much doable and I will do it.
I also only handle quest text and such, I am not doing any items, that’s another creator. smiling_turtle_head
-

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:09 am

What is ur name in discord to contact you?

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 am

Raukodor wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:09 am
What is ur name in discord to contact you?
Gheor#2080

Kratos on TWoW
-

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:41 am

Skalman wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:06 am
Custom quests customized for the staff-helpers own needs, you mean? Like Shard of Beth'Amara (Lady Janira), a very nice trinket available for ally only? Unfortunately I see Turtle WoW is becoming more and more flooded with custom quests and custom items, made by and made for custom people ...

Continue like this and the vanilla experience is gone.

Turtle WoW -only content is ok, like Sands of Time, and the upcoming xpack, but DO NOT flood the server with custom stuff!
Well you are trying hard to criticize cuz your brain tells you to. However the custom stuff is what makes the server special, and in my opinion way better than vanilla was. Sometimes It almost feels like you are playing rpg with game master that creates stuff for you. Can't wait for new expansion, and beside all that u still have vanilla content. There is nothing to complain about contrary to what this little jealousy tells you. Come on are you little kid whining about your brother getting candy while u got something else? Variety and uniqueness is what makes game fun.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 pm

Gentlemen Circle
Somewhere in Stormwind is a club of wealthy gentlemen. They focus their efforts on helping the poorest and making life in the city better.
You have your chance to prove your worth, join the circle and help some fellows around the city.

Suggested reward: Hat (if such cylinder model is available) or Noble's Monoce

Balake

Post by Balake » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 pm
Gentlemen Circle
Somewhere in Stormwind is a club of wealthy gentlemen. They focus their efforts on helping the poorest and making life in the city better.
You have your chance to prove your worth, join the circle and help some fellows around the city.

Does not make sense within the lore. Stormwind noblemen are greedy and corrupt and the cause of almost all of the kingdom's problems, definitely not ones to open a philanthropist club.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Balake wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:09 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Gentlemen Circle

Does not make sense within the lore. Stormwind noblemen are greedy and corrupt and the cause of almost all of the kingdom's problems, definitely not ones to open a philanthropist club.
Nothing is black and white. Even more reason for Gentlemen Circle to stand out.

Balake

Post by Balake » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:43 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm
Perhaps it would stand out too much. It's important for this server to stay close in theme and feel to the original vanilla game. This would stray too far from the already established game storyline, and HUGELY so. It goes against many major alliance questchains like the Lescovar Incident quest chain, the "Message To" quests that have you going around the Stormwind kingdom's frontier towns trying to scramble aid because Stormwind is simply too corrupt to give it to them, and the biggest one of them all, the Onyxia questchain. The Stormwind House of Nobles is literally led by an evil dragon in disguise.

A Gentlemen Circle made up of nobles that want to do good is out of place. If they really wanted to help they wouldn't be even be considered nobles anymore.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:21 pm

Balake wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:43 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm
Perhaps it would stand out too much. It's important for this server to stay close in theme and feel to the original vanilla game. This would stray too far from the already established game storyline, and HUGELY so. It goes against many major alliance questchains like the Lescovar Incident quest chain, the "Message To" quests that have you going around the Stormwind kingdom's frontier towns trying to scramble aid because Stormwind is simply too corrupt to give it to them, and the biggest one of them all, the Onyxia questchain. The Stormwind House of Nobles is literally led by an evil dragon in disguise.

A Gentlemen Circle made up of nobles that want to do good is out of place. If they really wanted to help they wouldn't be even be considered nobles anymore.
I don't see the problem how it fits into lore/theme. The city is corrupt. Few individuals don't agree with that and form gentlemen circle. It is even more appropriate thing to appear in corrupt scene. There is always antibody for anything, nothing is entirely corrupt/pure in 100%, there will always be some people who are different. An underground circle of few men working against corrupted nobility fits in perfectly.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:54 pm

Balake wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:43 pm
and the biggest one of them all, the Onyxia questchain. The Stormwind House of Nobles is literally led by an evil dragon in disguise.
The one thing that no one can deny is that Lady Prestor
gives great head ...

Balake

Post by Balake » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:21 pm
I don't see the problem how it fits into lore/theme. The city is corrupt. Few individuals don't agree with that and form gentlemen circle. It is even more appropriate thing to appear in corrupt scene. There is always antibody for anything, nothing is entirely corrupt/pure in 100%, there will always be some people who are different. An underground circle of few men working against corrupted nobility fits in perfectly.
Yes, we have that already. An underground circle of few men working against corrupted nobility. It's called SI:7. Being wealthy Stormwind nobles and being philanthropists are mutually exclusive. There are many ways for players to aid the city; dozens of quests about it, in all of them the noblemen are clearly the antagonists.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 pm

Balake wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 pm
Being wealthy Stormwind nobles and being philanthropists are mutually exclusive.
Clearly ... any Stormwind noble who is a philanthropist is a mole (not so secretly) working for the Undercity ... insidious_turtle

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Roxanneflowers wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 pm
Balake wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 pm
Being wealthy Stormwind nobles and being philanthropists are mutually exclusive.
Clearly ... any Stormwind noble who is a philanthropist is a mole (not so secretly) working for the Undercity ... insidious_turtle
Yeah and probably every rich man is a scum.. everywhere

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:24 am

Unangwata wrote:
Gentlemen Circle

Don’t we already have a house of nobles running around Stormwind?
-

Cogitek

Post by Cogitek » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:47 pm

Quest in arathi highlands started from a dead body of a paladin, which makes you go following his blood trails, Then u find his dead horse being "eated" by A huge gnoll, like 1.5 Times bigger than hogger (elite mob with some spells like bloodthirt+ battle about, elite recommended 2+ ppl), u kill him, complete quest at The horse, The gnoll drops A letter that The paladin was delivering to chillwind camp (The one in wpl), u deliver it, turns out The gnoll was made by forsaken scientist, go looking need thoradin wall where u find a camp, kill The scientists and go to chillwind point, from where you receive A Good green/rare choice of items, Level around 36 quest

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:01 am

How does a scientist make a gnoll? What.
-

Cogitek

Post by Cogitek » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:12 am

Like its an undead gnoll, raised from the dead and increased in size, like the patchworks

Cogitek

Post by Cogitek » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:12 am

oh yeah i forgot to mention the gnoll is considered undead, and has model of some undead gnoll with increased size

Balake

Post by Balake » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:04 am

Cogitek wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:12 am
Like its an undead gnoll, raised from the dead and increased in size, like the patchworks
Patchwerk is not a creature that was raised from the dead. It's a monstrosity constructed by scientists from the body parts of many creatures then given sentience through necromancy. It makes much more sense to just make this a gnoll that ruled strong in life, but has been tainted by the Plague of Undeath when it spread all around the Lordaeron kingdom. As far as I know, there aren't any instances of the "dumb races" (kobolds, gnolls.) being afflicted with the Blight, so this could be the start of a different questchain that I think is more interesting, with both a forsaken apothacary in Tarren mill and an human scientist/priest in Southshore trying to know more of this phenomenon and how the plague affects the body and brain of lesser creatures to better understand it and weaponize it as well as weaponize against it.

Cogitek

Post by Cogitek » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:40 pm

alright : this quest would be super cool for levelers in wetlands ( so all alliance levelers): Quest starting at Menethil Bay city hall npc, objectives : slay 10 red whelps and 10 crimson whelps. New players would have a opportunity to get both a nice pet from the mobs, and some gold through selling small flame sacs. Then second quest in chain : Kill The Flaming Whelp, which would be an elite whelp somewhere around the spot where red / crimson ones are, with the same moveset (fireball) that would be best done in 2 players, because the fireball would hit harder than normal. Could reward a decent green item.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:58 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:01 am
How does a scientist make a gnoll? What.
Mad Scientist learns what Man is not meant to know.
Mad Engineer makes what Man is not meant to have.

Beyond that, we start diving head first into the realms of insanity ...

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:09 pm

I’ll pass on the undead gnoll,

Killing some whelps won’t be bad tho.
-

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:06 am

well i finally finish all my work soon youll se. is a word where i can send it?

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:12 am

My job is done. its a word archive, where i cand send it to a gm or amdinister which can read it¿?

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:51 am

Khanzo, you replied to two forum threads and created a new one, chill, send me a dm so I can give you an e-mail
-