Heirloom weapons (sort of)

Unangwata

Heirloom weapons (sort of)

Post by Unangwata » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:49 pm

At lev 60 you could buy (only once) a heirloom weapon. So you would have to chose carefully.

That would be custom bind on equip level 1 weapon, that could be upgraded every 5 levels at some blacksmith.

You could sell it if you want but to get another you would have to make new lev 60 character.
So logically you could save it for your alt who could level with it and get another heirloom at lev 60 for another alt...if you like that many alts that is.

Snigery

Re: Heirloom weapons (sort of)

Post by Snigery » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:39 pm

I'm against heirlooms. They ruin the leveling journey and experience. Players no-longer contend for drops, no-longer need to participate in the economy, and no-longer feel as strong a need to work together. Heirlooms keep seasoned players from investing and continuing to participate in the leveling journey and experience.

In any form it seems contrary to what we want on this server.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Heirlooms equal ...

Stop trying to turn Turtle WoW into a cheap(er) knockoff version of Classic.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:00 pm

why people answer posts they don't read... Or after reading the title or first few words they believe they know what it is about

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:07 pm

Roxanneflowers wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:01 pm
Stop trying to turn Turtle WoW into a cheap(er) knockoff version of Classic.
I can stop posting suggestions. As the name says they are suggestions not demands, so getting offended is out of place.
The reason I posted was to share some ideas as my contribution as thanks for the server. That's the only thing I can think of.
But if it's not welcome I am going to stop no problem. It suits me just fine.

Snigery

Post by Snigery » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:48 am

You're going to receive criticism. I got it and didn't like it, and I'm learning that maybe I had a bad idea. Getting sour does not justify your suggestion any more, and as I am learning, change is not always good.

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:50 am

If you want to support the server, donate. Trying to turn the server into retail will not support the server and people *will* hate you for it, justifiably so.
I don't play retail so I don't know how heirloom weapons work but buffing twink weapons already exists in vanilla because there is no level limit on enchants & you can get OP BoEs. You can put crusader on a starter weapon if you want to, and putting +30 spell power on a white dagger is common for people wanting to give their casters "heirloom weapons". Combine that with things like The Butcher, Whirlwind Axe at level 30, etc and you're already way faster with a huge advantage.
The point of this server is to take it easy and build a fun community with restored cut content, not be like Classic or retail with experience boosts and faster leveling for the sake of it etc. It's *turtle* wow, not hare wow.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:27 am

Please don't respond aggressively to suggestions.

However, I have full hands right now with the expansion content and can't pay attention to forum ideas at all, I'm sorry. Some are pretty cool but I might get back to them only in a year or something!