Gambling

Unangwata

Gambling

Post by Unangwata » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 pm

This may be questionable, but how about some underworld quest chain for illegal gambling ?

Once completed you could try your luck and gamble. Bet and randomly win or lose.
To prevent addiction there could be limit how many times you can bet per day. Or if you feel mature enough bet until you lose it all lol.

Or if we go along with safe theme of WoW then scrap the idea.

Balake

Re: Gambling

Post by Balake » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Maybe if it was a roleplaying event with a player playing the house and others the players, maybe. but just slapping a lottery machine unto wow as a quest is pointless. It could either create gold out of thin air, or suck gold out of players depending on rng.

Fizzles

Post by Fizzles » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:53 pm

I do not think devs should add quests for gambling. Players can host their own gambling events, such as death rolling.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:36 pm

Well it always gives u option. You can either play or not. Why deny it for others who want just because u don't.
Hold your temptation lol

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Goblin stuff.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:39 am

Unangwata wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Once completed you could try your luck and gamble. Bet and randomly win or lose.
To prevent addiction there could be limit how many times you can bet per day.
This sounds like a Cata daily.
Weekly Goblin lotteries ala EverQuest 2 would be cool, but there is no need for the playerbase to try to burden the staff with extra work when this can be organized by the players themselves. If nobody else does it, I'll host one on my Goblin after the xpac is released.

Balake

Post by Balake » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:47 am

Axoc wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:39 am
Weekly Goblin lotteries ala EverQuest 2 would be cool, but there is no need for the playerbase to try to burden the staff with extra work when this can be organized by the players themselves. If nobody else does it, I'll host one on my Goblin after the xpac is released.
And what's great about it is the house can scam the gamblers and just say it's accurately roleplaying a typical goblin

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:55 am

Balake wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:47 am
Axoc wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:39 am
And what's great about it is the house can scam the gamblers and just say it's accurately roleplaying a typical goblin
Exactly!
JK the house will take a cut if I'm running it but it'll all be handed back to noobs and fresh raiders to help people get the ball rolling.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:28 am

We're going to have a gambling house in Orgrimmar in the expansion.

Balake

Post by Balake » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Axoc wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:55 am
Exactly!
JK the house will take a cut if I'm running it but it'll all be handed back to noobs and fresh raiders to help people get the ball rolling.
A generous goblin? d i s g u s t i n g

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:43 am

Balake wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:58 pm
Axoc wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:55 am
Exactly!
A generous goblin? d i s g u s t i n g
How else is an enterprising goblin supposed to get himself some raid gear around here unless he bankrolls a raid team with somebody else's "charity" gold?