Bounty on players (Bounty Hunter's Guild)

Unangwata

Bounty on players (Bounty Hunter's Guild)

Post by Unangwata » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 pm

How about possibility to put bounty on players. A Bounty Hunters Guild.

You pay gold in that will be reward for the kill and specify character's name. If another player accepts the contract in the Bounty Hunter Guild then the target will be pvp flagged for him/her. Faction doesn't matter so can kill allied players. Kill, get the reward.

Could require quest chain to become Bounty Hunter. Any players can place a bounty, but only hunters can complete.

1 bounty put per day per player, and level requirement (like 10)
Can't accept bounties from alts.

Special skill: tracked target will appear on minimap

Kazgrim

Re: Bounty on players (Bounty Hunter's Guild)

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:27 pm

could be abused. i could place a bounty on one of my alts, log into a second account, and kill him for the gold. theres no way of tracking that its my alt too since its a different account.

i would like to see more bounty quests in general for npcs. specifically for rares
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Kazgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:27 pm
could be abused. i could place a bounty on one of my alts, log into a second account, and kill him for the gold. theres no way of tracking that its my alt too since its a different account.

i would like to see more bounty quests in general for npcs. specifically for rares
except you put the reward in..

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:08 pm

Anyways, I don't even know if it's possible. Devs are better than me, they do amazing job, I thought I just share ideas.

Skalman

Post by Skalman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Why the constant PvP ideas on a PvE server? I'd say go to a PvP server then.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:38 pm

Skalman wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:30 pm
Difference between PVP and PVE server is how world pvp mechanic works, rather than what features it have or what people want to do.

If I wanted to PVP I would go to PVE server as well, because I don't do ganking, and although I am not afraid of being attacked I see it as annoyance. I rather level peacefully and do PVP in proper manner like battlegrounds or arenas if given server has it.

Balake

Post by Balake » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:09 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:38 pm
If I wanted to PVP I would go to PVE server as well, because I don't do ganking, and although I am not afraid of being attacked I see it as annoyance. I rather level peacefully and do PVP in proper manner like battlegrounds or arenas if given server has it.
Exactly. Getting a bounty put on your head and having to live under the threat of ganking even though you are in a PvE server defeats the whole point of a PvE server.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Balake wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:09 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Exactly. Getting a bounty put on your head and having to live under the threat of ganking even though you are in a PvE server defeats the whole point of a PvE server.
Well if you gonna make some player angry at you that he offers bounty then I guess you have to live with it...lol
Call it karma.

Balake

Post by Balake » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:25 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm
Balake wrote:
Unangwata wrote:
Well if you gonna make some player angry at you that he offers bounty then I guess you have to live with it...lol
Call it karma.
It can be for many reasons. Getting a competing player out of a grind/farm spot, trolling between guild mates or friends, or just some rich guy wanting to make another person's life hell.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Balake wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:25 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm
Balake wrote:

Call it karma.
It can be for many reasons. Getting a competing player out of a grind/farm spot, trolling between guild mates or friends, or just some rich guy wanting to make another person's life hell.
Then you have to take responsibility for your actions rather than hide behind PVE flag.
And with limit to 1 bounty per day put it's more cosmetic than game breaking.

Balake

Post by Balake » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:12 pm

I don't think you know what the word cosmetic means. And there is still no response to this defeating the whole purpose of a PvE server. PvP servers have ganking, PvE servers don't. We can't give PvE servers ***some*** ganking and still call it PvE.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Balake wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:12 pm
PvP servers have ganking, PvE servers don't. We can't give PvE servers ***some*** ganking and still call it PvE.
I don't think it matters what you call it. The server is unique.
I personally don't have interest in making people angry at me or in doing some stuff that would trigger bounty on my head.
And i wouldn't mind anyways.
If you want safe mode to be naughty without consequence then of course you would object.

And even if someone targets you for no reason then you can always put bounty on them..

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:47 pm

would there be a restriction to how many times a person can get flagged for pvp? itd be abusive if a player puts a bounty on one person indefinitely.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Tomas1983

Post by Tomas1983 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:47 am

i love this idea , id spend all my gold putting bounties on ER's head all day every day
Antsy 60 dwarf rogue
Apsalar 60 NE huntard

Skalman

Post by Skalman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am

I was unclear. I ment PvP outside battlegrounds and Arena like places.
Unangwata wrote:
Skalman wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:30 pm
Difference between PVP and PVE server is how world pvp mechanic works, rather than what features it have or what people want to do.