I think the world rares/elites should be nerfed a bit

Frodofraggins

I think the world rares/elites should be nerfed a bit

Post by Frodofraggins » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:58 am

With the populations being so low, the damage output of world rares and elites should probably be nerfed. 0.5x is a cool thing, but dealing with the rares and elites is a bit much considering how rare it is to even see others in the world.

Just my two cents.

Axoc

Re: I think the world rares/elites should be nerfed a bit

Post by Axoc » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:17 am

No thanks, I prefer the difficulty. It's part of what makes them special.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:52 am

If there's no one there right then, you could always ... advertise ... in World chat to encourage others to arrive to help ...

Balake

Post by Balake » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:26 pm

I think it depends on a lot of factors, for the most part world rares ARE soloable and intended to be by blizzard. Some classes can do it easily, others require a bit of preparation, long cds and consumables, and some can cheese it with pathing or kiting but it's always possible even for warriors, they have 30 minute cooldowns for it. Elite quests are a bit different, they were never intended to be soloable. Nerfing the elite mobs imo will make the classes that are already good at it much better, while barely helping the ones that struggle.

Nachtritter

Post by Nachtritter » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 am

Instead of nerfing them, perhaps upgrading their loot tables a bit - as it stands a lot of them don't drop anything at all, or if they do they drop a subpar green. perhaps up the loot table so their chance of a green is the dominant(currently chance of nothing is) and chance of a blue is the rarer event(currently chance of a green is) - this would encourage people to actually invest the time to kill them as they'd actually have a chance of something besides their time wasted.

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:02 am

Now this looks like a job for me.
Still making items...

Skalman

Post by Skalman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:28 pm

Don't nerf elites or anything else in Turtle-WoW. It's pretty much perfect now - balance between causal and a bit of challenge. Makes you want to group for those harder tasks. But, yes, rare elites could drop something better than now. Sometimes not even a green item!

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:05 pm

I suggest we make them harder and give loot that is actually good.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Nachtritter

Post by Nachtritter » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:32 am

Perhaps this might be better as a new suggestion than a continuation of this thought but.... some of the rare elites are already pretty challenging(like Zaricotl for example) and these could be buffed up into say a group appropriate level world boss - give them good loot for their level, and up their difficulty equivalent to a same level dungeon boss difficulty level.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:31 pm

great idea! imo items should be bop to avoid farming and to actually have players who need the items obtain them
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:14 pm

don't nerf the challenge. You will get bored all too quickly afterwards, even if you think that's what you want