Increase of drop rate and gold.

Gudd

Increase of drop rate and gold.

Post by Gudd » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:31 pm

Unless the mounts are going to be drastically reduced or obtained by quest. Drop rates have to be increased. Leveling is fine, it keeps you in the zone a bit longer. But the production of my time spent would be rewarded with at least of 2% more drop rate giving a chance to get much-needed upgrades. If there is something like that implemented in this world, i have not seen any description of it.

Roxanneflowers

Re: Increase of drop rate and gold.

Post by Roxanneflowers » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:11 pm

Decline.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Rather than respond with one word zingers, I'll explain to you why this suggestion wouldn't work for turtle wow.

First, turtle wow is a vanilla server, so the cost of mounts won't be changed. How much is costs now is how much it did on patch 1.12.1

Second, increasing drop rates because the leveling is "slower" goes against the server's ideology . The point of turtle wow is to take it slow to experience more of the pve content. Increased rates for gold and item drops goes against this mentality.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:00 pm

Kazgrim made good points. I'd add it's pretty generous of the server to give you a turtle mount at level 5 that scales with your level. The smaller server also means rares and treasure chests are easier to come by. Keep in mind there's no deposit in the auction house, so you can put stuff up without any financial risk. And doesn't slower leveling mean you'll have more gold by the time you hit 40? Oh and the orphan quest is repeatable weekly so that's 5g a week, not too bad.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:06 am

Additionally, the exp rate is now 1x instead of the previous .5x and later .6-.9x, while keeping the improvements like tents and full exp from quests for 25 levels, in addition to the recent addition of rested exp from campfires. It's no longer a slow server, it's faster than the real game.

As Mac stated, there's several quality of life changes for monetary value as well as reduced competition on farming. Of course, this comes with the trade-off that goods sold to other players are not as profitable, but you'll still earn more than enough just vendoring things you loot.

Right now is a great time to earn money as a gatherer with the Ahn'qiraj war effort going on, but even afterward skinning is a great supplement to income. Each skinnable mob adds up to 5s to loot value, assuming you can't find any use for it.

Chiefolga

Post by Chiefolga » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:49 am

Makes getting actual blues and epics something special, something real and important than just a "Meh" feeling when encountering em.