Bring life to World PVP

Firevulcan

Bring life to World PVP

Post by Firevulcan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:27 am

Since i've seen enough people interested in "Activating" World PVP, while leveling or at level cap, How about a way to please those people?

My idea is: The Glyph of Battle

The Glyph of Battle can be obtained from Speedy and it will be placed n your Keyring, just like every other glyph.
While the Glyph of Battle is on you, it keeps you Flagged for PVP until you delete it and relog.
If you delete your Glyph of Battle, you can pick up a new one from Speedy.

This way, people who don't want to pvp in the free world are free to not take the item, and those who want to level or play with PVP permanently activated are free to do so!

Cheers,
-Tyr

Kazgrim

Re: Bring life to World PVP

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:34 am

There is a problem with world pvp. Due to cross faction, a horde healer can heal an alliance player that is attacking a different horde player. thus it creates an unfair advantage.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Firevulcan

Post by Firevulcan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:50 am

This only works if they're Partied up.
Make it so: If you're holding the Glyph of Battle, you can't party up with Members of the Opposite Faction.
"True" Vanilla experience with no X-Faction "Sheananigans" like healing cross faction players

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:55 am

A player can engage in pvp without glyph of battle, therefore can still group with opposite faction.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Firevulcan

Post by Firevulcan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:00 am

Would be good if the Glyph of Battle would only make you "PVP ENABLED" for and to people that also have the Glyph of Battle on them.
But i doubt it's doable with the 1.12 Client :X

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 am

or, make the player enabled for FFA combat, which would flag players who attack to also be FFA, thus making anyone who aids a flagged FFA player also flagged for FFA combat.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:28 am

Gurubashi exists now. A PvP server with all of Turtle's features, worked on by Torta herself. People who want PvP have that available to them, please don't make this server grow any more toxic. :c

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:44 am

I really enjoy the community / vibe on Turtle. The occasional salt over WSG seems to have become more common now than it was at the start of the year. I don't want to see this trend continue and I think adding world PvP will definitely make the server community continue on that trend, especially when (assuming) we gain more population with the upcoming expansion.