Battleground Reputation Boost <3

Halea

Battleground Reputation Boost <3

Post by Halea » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:46 pm

Greetings everyone ~

I would like to suggest the reputation rates for battlegrounds: Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley(maybe?) get an increase to the reputation earned per battle.

At the current rate, people are reaching Grand Marshal / High Warlord before they get a chance to reach revered/exaulted with even one of these. I suggest a 10x increase, this would also allow some to supplement their standard pvp set with pvp faction rewards <3

Also, which is more a concern of mine, doing casual battlegrounds while leveling and get access to the rewards from friendly / honored would be a huge encouragement to have some casual fun in battlegrounds in between questing and leveling.

(And before someone states the obvious - Yes this is a PvE server, but battlegrounds have, and always will be, an active part of PvE servers)

To sum up - I suggest we increase the reputation gained from battlegrounds turtle_tongue_head
10x would work fine I think

Best regards and warm wishes
- Halea

Mac

Re: Battleground Reputation Boost <3

Post by Mac » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:05 am

I'm in favor of this, especially as a means to entice players to do the lower brackets.

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:41 am

I support the concept, but can't weigh in on if 10x is balanced or not. So partial support =)

Halea

Post by Halea » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:51 am

Axoc wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:41 am
I support the concept, but can't weigh in on if 10x is balanced or not. So partial support =)
The 10x was only an example based on my personal experience on turtle wow - meaning its likely it will take the same or more time to get 6 matches on turtle, as it took getting 60 matches in vanilla (At least on Argent Dawn, it popped once every 10-20 minutes, often multiple running at the same time). But of course balance should be discussed.

If we would go with a 10x increase, assuming both the rep from flag captures and hand in of tokens would be scaled (3*35+50)*10, it would for WSG take:
-> Friendly: 2 won matches
-> Honored: 6 won matches
-> Revered: 14 won matches
-> Exaulted: 30 won matches

This of course assumes you WIN all your matches. If you in contrast lost all your matches without capturing a single flag:

-> Friendly: 180 lost matches
-> Honored: 540 lost matches
-> Revered: 1260 matches
-> Exaulted: 2700 matches

(this is still with 10x)

I think it is also important to remember that the rewards from WSG/AB reputation are only supplements or equivalents to what can be found in dungeons. Even the exaulted rewards are only ilvl 65 (for reference, only 7/104 armor/weapon drops in Molten Core are ilvl 65 or below)

I do wholeheartedly believe these subpar items should not be locked behind an impossible grind, considering how easily they are replaced. Plus, PvP is FUN, and I find it such a shame we arent seeing more lower bracket battlegrounds.

If 10x is too high there are 8 other numbers between 1 and 10 :D

Let me hear what you think <3

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:44 am

Full support.
Curious what the "core" pvp'ers here think.

Balake

Post by Balake » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:41 pm

I think there is a sweet spot in rep gain, when we get lower than the sweet spot, people are unmotivated to grind the rep as they see it as too tedious and slow and not worth the effort, but if we go over the sweet spot people will just get it way too fast and never touch a battleground again. 10x is waaay over the sweet spot in my opinion.

Zdennis96

Post by Zdennis96 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:54 pm

I support an increase to reputation rates as well. Maybe not 10x, but I definitely support something like 5x or around that area. At the rate things are now, someone would be lucky to reach exalted with a pvp faction before the year 2030.

Fizzles

Post by Fizzles » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:59 pm

It would be nice if not only reputation rates are increased, but battlegrounds give off player XP so people can level up by doing battlegrounds.

Furfur

Post by Furfur » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:10 pm

This!

The pvp faction rewards are practically pointless by the time you get access to them. Also, I think there is lvl 18 items from WSG and lvl 28 items from AB. Leveling players should be able to get these by engaging in battlegrounds.

With the rate we are seeing battlegrounds start right now, a 10x boost ATLEAST is required.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 pm

I'd support this if according BG tabards to be worn for a reputation boost.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Halea

Post by Halea » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 pm
I'd support this if according BG tabards to be worn for a reputation boost.
I am in full support of this idea if it can be implemented without too much trouble for our turtle developers :D

I think most, if not all are already wearing one ^^

Tomas1983

Post by Tomas1983 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am

im against this , its perfectly fine the way it is
im halfway to revered with wsg on my warrior and hes only rank 8
u just have to play alot
the rank 12/13/14 gear is already super easy to get compared to busy servers
why dont u just go ful retrowow and make everything buyable with gold ? whats next ?
dont change it
Antsy 60 dwarf rogue
Apsalar 60 NE huntard