Racial weapon skins! (Or at least glaives...)

Pumpkinbot

Racial weapon skins! (Or at least glaives...)

Post by Pumpkinbot » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:43 am

Simple suggestion: each race has their own "racial weapon" skins. They're alright, damage-wise, while levelling, but of course don't hold a candle to high level gear. However, with the transmog system we have in place, it could lead to some nice outfits here.

Let's use the night elves as an example. Their guards tend to use a lot of warglaives (dual-sided curvy blades) and moonglaives (multi-bladed disc...things) but none of these are useable by the player. Not saying we need the Warglaives of Azzinoth to be lootable, but there's a lot of much, uh, -simpler- glaive models. If another Alliance race gains exalted reputation with Darnassus, they, too could wield glaives, while night elves would have the ability to purchase them by default. I'd say these would be best classified as 1H swords.

Similarly, we have tauren and their giant-ass totems. Cairne holds one, of course. They had slightly more prominence in the RPG, but they still do exist in-game. Naturally, these would be 2H maces.

The only issue here is with the other races. What would orcs get? Or the undead? Hell, what about humans? We could keep one to each faction, to be fair, but there's likely a LOT more glaive weapons than totem weapons. Plus, more classes use 1H swords over 2H maces.

I'm open to other ideas, too! I'd love it if each race had their own set of weapons, but it's late and I"m useless for brainstorming right now, lol.

Cervantes

Re: Racial weapon skins! (Or at least glaives...)

Post by Cervantes » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 am

I've always wanted this in-game, it's another way to excited about playing a different race with it's own culture and feelling.

I had a go at making Moonglaive of Elune but i need some help.

Some ideas for races:
Slingshot for Gnomes (haha)
Spear for Trolls

I will have a think about the others
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:49 am

I dug around 6 different glaive models in the database so the glaive part is very possible. Spear for Darkspears maybe possible but No clue about the others.
No profile picture because it's so limited smh wary_turtle_head

Pumpkinbot

Post by Pumpkinbot » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:51 pm

Actually, one idea for gnomes could be using the throwing weapon models (at least, the ones you hold by the handle) as daggers. On an all-GM RP server I frequent, I like using those on my gnomes over normal daggers, just because the throwing daggers look more proportional to them, whereas daggers look more like shortswords.