Class-Related Inventory Management (Consolidated)

Anderyu

Class-Related Inventory Management (Consolidated)

Post by Anderyu » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:12 pm

I've noticed a few posts that suggest QoL improvements as far as bag space and inventory management is concerned. They generally start off as a QoL change for a specific class, and conversation then spreads to the problems and fairness or balance of other classes, so I thought I would start a consolidated thread in the hopes of maybe addressing the QoL of all classes in one thread where it is on topic for everyone to discuss the merits and balance/fairness of what would be good and what would be game breaking from a 1.12.1 standpoint.

I think that class specific spells that require a reagent, should allow that reagent to stack to a count of 20. For the reagents that are farmed drops, this is already the case. I think that some or all of the purchased reagents only go to a stack of five, and for balance could be upped to 20 without effecting anything.

I will try and keep this top post updated as information is shared and discussed, and apologize up front if I miss anything as I do not have lots of knowledge of all of the individual classes and their needs.

Druid: (2 Slots)
Druids have a various seeds for their rebirth spell, which does stack up to 20. If they want to carry a stack of each to down rank they would lose a maximum of four bag slots, but I do not see why you would down rank rebirth.

Druids also require [Wild Berries] for their 30min Mark of the Wild buff, which already stacks to 20.

Hunter: (1 Bag, 1+ Slots)
Hunters may have it the worse as they lose an entire bag slot for their ammunition. This can not be avoided as they would lose an attack bonus that their quiver's provide. I have seen discussed that maybe if their ammo stacked more this would be better or more balanced.

Hunters also use additional bag space for food needed to keep their pets happy.

Mage: (2 Slots)
Mages need [Rune of Teleportation] and [Rune of Portal] for their teleport and portal spells respectively, which I believe stacks up to 10 and should be increased to 20.

They create food and water for everyone, but this is on an as needed basis and disappears after logout.

Paladin: (2 Slots)
Paladins have [Symbol of Kings] for their 30 min blessings, These stack up to 100.

Paladins also have [Symbol of Divinity] for Divine Intervention, which currently stacks to 5 and should go to 20.

Priest: (2 Slots)
Priests need the [Light Feather] reagent for their feather fall spell, which is a farmed drop.

Priests also require [Holy Candle] for their 30min fort buff, which already stacks to 20.

Rogue: (4+ slots)
Rogues lose bag space for their poisons. This is similar to Alchemy and requires either carrying the reagents and vials and mixing them as needed, or pre-making their poisons. I do not know what this takes space wise, but it is several slots.

Rogues lose one bag slot for their [Thieves' Tools] so they can use their Lock pick skill.

Rogues require [Blinding Powder] to use their Blind skill, which stacks to 20.

Rogues require <Flash Powder> to use their Vanish skill, which stacks to 20.

Shaman: (7 Slots)
Shamans lose four spots for their totems. It has been suggested that a quest to combine these to a single totem would be not unbalanced, available at level 40.

Shamans need a reagent [Ankh] for their reincarnation spell, which only stacks to 5 and should be 20.

Shamans need [Fish Oil] and [Shiny Scales] for water breathing and water walking, which already stack to 20.

Warlock: (1 Bag, 1+ Slots)
Warlocks lose out the second most in that they need shards for most of their important spells, and these do not stack at all. At best they lose out on a bag slot similar to Hunters, but are able to store these in a normal bag with no damage penalty. I have seen suggestions of allowing these to stack, maybe up to 5?

Warlocks create Soul Stones and Mana-Candy that can be give/used on other players, which take up to two additional bag slots. (These disappear after logout similar to mage food/water, with the exception of unused soul stones here on TurtleWoW.)

Warlocks require [Infernal Stone] or [Demonic Figurine] to summon Infernals and Doom Guards respectively, but I know nothing about if this is something they usually carry in the hopes of a full group willing to die for the warlock. They both stack to 5 and should be increased to 20.

Warrior: (0 Slots)
Warriors have no class related bag loss. They get punished in other ways in this wonderful game.
Last edited by Anderyu on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deepblue/Deeperblue

Mrkrissatan

Re: Class-Related Inventory Management (Consolidated)

Post by Mrkrissatan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:16 pm

+1

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:10 am

Anderyu wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:12 pm
Paladin:
Paladins have reagents for their 30min blessings. I do not know what they stack to, but should be 20.
Symbol of Kings stacks to 100 (which makes sense given how many you'll go through during a raid). Paladins also carry Symbol of Divinity for Divine Intervention, and those stack to only 5 (which again makes sense given the spell has an hour long cooldown, but if others are getting bumped up from 5 to 20, this should, too).
Anderyu wrote:
Rogue:
Rogues lose bag space for their poisons.
Also Thieves' Tools for lockpicking. And Blinding Powder for Blind (stacks to 20).
Anderyu wrote:
Shaman:
Shamans lose four spots for their totems. It has been suggested that a quest to combine these to a single totem would be not unbalanced.
Definitely support this as a level 40 or 60 class quest.

Punchbuggy

Post by Punchbuggy » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:08 am

Just a quick note about Warlocks: at least their soulstones don't vanish on log out here.
Sometimes I amuse only myself

Anderyu

Post by Anderyu » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:28 am

Appreciate the additional information. I have updated the top level post, and added more specific information on item/spell names and went through the reagent vendors stock to add to the lists.

I would appreciate further input from anyone who has real knowledge from playing these classes as their main, specifically Rogues with their poisons, and Warlocks with regards to Infernals and Doomguards.
Deepblue/Deeperblue

Nugglies

Post by Nugglies » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:56 pm

as a 60 rogue i usually carry 2 stacks of thistle tea (10), 1 stack of blinding powder (20), 1 stack of flash powder (20), 1 stack each of three/four different poisons (20), and thieves tools. in addition to an extra pair of boots with +stealth, i lose 8-9 slots to this stuff. i really only use 1 kind of poison in raids, sometimes 2, but i keep others for soloing in my inventory anyway.
t. slowbro