Totems as keys

Sinrek

Re: Totems as keys

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:41 pm

Instead of four totems, I'd better have just one which would work as all four.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Alekseysz

Post by Alekseysz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:39 pm

Let put hunters arrow-bag in keyring to

Voidspinner

Post by Voidspinner » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am

Just to weigh in on this, Shaman bag management for reagents / totems etc require 7 slots if you run with everything.
- Fish oil for Water walking
- Shiny Fish Scales for Water breathing
- Ankhs (stack up to 5 only - so for a long raid you might want more than 1 stack - tho the reagent bot would mitigate this)
4 x Slots for Totems

& if you fancy going into certain raids/dungeons unable to cast Fire Resist totem (Water totem) then you may get some funny looks

On the plus side they no longer need a hearth Stone - due to Astral Recall (yey)

I agree with the bag management point for Vanilla; we do have access to much larger bags than in retail... Removing need for totems was a move that TBC got right generally IMHO (as well as totemic recall)

I'd like to see a quest whereby Shaman can 'merge' their totems into a greater one which functions as all four (you'd still need to carry that around however) freeing up 3 slots...

Gex

Post by Gex » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:42 am

+1 With Turtle wow and custom content we can make the game more rewarding and still keeping the core of the game. Totems will be a good feature, helping players focus on the more important stuff.

Such feature can also be used for mounts or just the turtle mount, pets, and so on... maybe just maybe tmogs.

Alekseysz

Post by Alekseysz » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:58 am

Voidspinner wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am
Just to weigh in on this, Shaman bag management for reagents / totems etc require 7 slots if you run with everything.
- Fish oil for Water walking
- Shiny Fish Scales for Water breathing
- Ankhs (stack up to 5 only - so for a long raid you might want more than 1 stack - tho the reagent bot would mitigate this)
4 x Slots for Totems
and the stones of the warlock occupy all available cells
Last edited by Alekseysz on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alekseysz

Post by Alekseysz » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:49 pm

quest for a totem replacing 4 ordinary ones, a really good idea

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:18 pm

Voidspinner wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am
I agree with the bag management point for Vanilla; we do have access to much larger bags than in retail... Removing need for totems was a move that TBC got right generally IMHO (as well as totemic recall)

I'd like to see a quest whereby Shaman can 'merge' their totems into a greater one which functions as all four (you'd still need to carry that around however) freeing up 3 slots...
Miss Totem Recall mighty bad even still. One of the most viable shaman tools ever. Pompa, make it come back, mate!! crying_turtle crying_turtle crying_turtle
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Anderyu

Post by Anderyu » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:01 pm

It is rather rough to be the only class that has a dropped item that lasts for two minutes on average that will aggro a mob after you have moved on, in a crowded environment. In dungeons or open world caves and you are fighting a mob or two, you see an incoming patrol and start to move the group, but have to constantly spam your earth totem to move it out of the patrols path as well makes it stressful and mana-intensive, and in some cases I end up deciding to no use some of my toolkit due to the risks of death or wiping my group not worth the damage increase or mitigation.

While I am not exactly arguing for mana returned or anything per-se, the ability to just recall all of my dropped totems in an "Oh-Shit" moment would be really helpful.
Deepblue/Deeperblue

Amyloriley

Post by Amyloriley » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:07 pm

You could also go the Ascension route and make a custom item that functions like the four elemental totems in one.