Totems as keys

Punchbuggy

Totems as keys

Post by Punchbuggy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:35 am

Name says it all. Be real nice if shaman totems were labeled as keys so i can free up 4 slots of my bags
Sometimes I amuse only myself

Kokorogensou

Re: Totems as keys

Post by Kokorogensou » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:51 am

but then i can't make "class bonus of -4 bag space" jokes!

honestly though, i second this. one of those things that i'm really glad was changed in the later expansions. x_x

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:36 am

Anyone else? :)

Boostacow

Post by Boostacow » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 am

It’s a solid thought and I respect it. Though I do not agree. It’s too far into a quality of life change for me. I enjoy the vanilla struggle of forced bag management. Keep the thoughts and ideas coming.

Also new to the server and enjoying it. Hello everyone.

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:37 am

I like the idea, it's a quality of life change that I could live with

Broglin

Post by Broglin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:05 pm

And make Soul Shards stack, free up bag space for Warlocks too. Any other classes forced to use bag space on consumables/reagents?...

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Broglin wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:05 pm
And make Soul Shards stack, free up bag space for Warlocks too. Any other classes forced to use bag space on consumables/reagents?...
Or add a bonus to using a shard pouch like how hunters get ranged attack speed from their quivers/ammo pouches

Broglin

Post by Broglin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:21 pm

Stackable would be more inline with the sort of change proposed for totems, using a Soul Bag means a whole bag slot lost. Having totems classed as keys removes them from bags entirely so we should consider the same sort of convenience for any other reagent using classes.

In an ideal world, I'd prefer to see an object like a Soul Cage that takes a single bag slot and stores each soul as a charge instead.

Sillygoose

Post by Sillygoose » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:30 pm

Only if I can be a Tauren Rogue.

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:36 pm

Punchbuggy wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:35 am
Name says it all. Be real nice if shaman totems were labeled as keys so i can free up 4 slots of my bags
you have my support :)
Shaman Raid Tank, Priest Tank, Rogue Tank, Support Warrior, etc... I'm Livestreaming!

Balake

Post by Balake » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Either such a thing happens to all classes or to none. Shamans are in the middle ground when it comes to class stuff taking inventory slots. Others have to dedicate an entire bag, and most others need to keep stocking up on their reagents which costs a lot long term but shamans just get 4 totems and besides the occasional ankh for a reincarnation don't have anything else to worry about.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:16 am

Balake wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:39 pm
Either such a thing happens to all classes or to none. Shamans are in the middle ground when it comes to class stuff taking inventory slots. Others have to dedicate an entire bag, and most others need to keep stocking up on their reagents which costs a lot long term but shamans just get 4 totems and besides the occasional ankh for a reincarnation don't have anything else to worry about.
I feel like this is true. Just about every class has things they need to carry in their bags to make them function. Hunters probably have it the worst of any class. And Shamans actually get Astral Recall to make up for four totems (since Astral Recall means they can chuck their hearthstones, so really they lose three spots to totems instead of four).

What I wouldn't be opposed to is a class quest (at maybe level 40 or 60) that allows them to combine their four totems into one singular totem.

Balake

Post by Balake » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:09 am

I can't support this idea if it's for shamans only. 4 inventory spaces isn't that much. Besides, you can just throw away water totem kek turtle_tongue

Javin

Post by Javin » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:37 am

I fully support this idea! :D

Fixy

Post by Fixy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:30 pm

+1.
and stackable soul shards, too: 10 per stack is enough. :D

(i have a low level shaman, he's havin' 14 slot bags crafted by me, but for a newcomer with a shaman being his first toon here, 4 slots is a horrible loss of bagspace.)
Shambo