Increase the Quest Number Cap

Xero

Increase the Quest Number Cap

Post by Xero » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:28 pm

Given Turtle Wow's focus on enjoying questing as part of the levelling experience, as well as our low but seemingly growing population, it would be great if we could increase the current limit of active quests from 20 to say 30 or 40.

Limitations of the current quest cap include:
- It discourages swapping between different zones while levelling (including when grouping opportunities arise), because it may not be worthwhile abandoning a number of quests you plan to run in your current zone just so you can pick up some different quests in the other zone.
- It makes dungeons serve as 'road blocks' to a character's advancement, because the multiple quests for each instance block-out normal zone quest spots until a group can be formed to run each instance.
- It discourages the completion of fun but lower level quests, as these can often be the first to be abandoned when the quest log fills up.

I'm sure this change would also be especially useful to Turtle's hardcore players, though I'm not one of those.

Would such a change be possible, ideally on the server side?

Punchbuggy

Re: Increase the Quest Number Cap

Post by Punchbuggy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:07 pm

upvote

A revamp of how quests are stored and categorized would be nice, but increasing the cap would serve basically the same purpose and would seem easier to me. This comes to be more relevant the more player-built quests and custom content is introduced.

Other options include something like dungeon quests not counting against total; dailies as separate from normal quests; caps still in place, but only as a per zone basis; pvp separate; grays don't count, etc.
Sometimes I amuse only myself

Joy

Post by Joy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:48 am

This would be a godsend. I always wondered why my heroine can fight demons, dragons and demigods, and acquire bottomless bags, but can’t add a few extra sheets of paper to her log book? :)

I would use the extra entries to keep a backlog of dungeon quests, so when an opportunity for a group arose, I could jump in with every quest in my pocket!

Great idea, hopefully it’s doable.

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:26 am

yes please this would be fantastic!

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:00 am

This would be fantastic for levelling.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Tarmak

Post by Tarmak » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:36 am

Oh god yes! +1
~Leveling in progress~
dead_turtle_head

Liefvancleef

Post by Liefvancleef » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:33 am

Yes, having a limit to how many quests you can have is fucking stupid and I don't understand how anyone thought this was a good idea. I don't know though if that is something you can easily change in the vanilla client?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:18 am

This won't be changed until we can deploy our patch for the client. The initial conception for such limitation was that players will be either travelling a lot or just do quests consequently. So the overall limitation is kinda justified. Same as with bag space limit.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:24 am

Yes, unfortunately there's a client-side limitation for this.
Shame, it could make a great quality of life change.

At least for now, it's not possible.