Rated blood ring

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:54 pm

Atm the current rewards are cool for blood ring, and the 3v3 initiative is fantastic. The only issue I see with blood ring is that there isn't really any initiative to keep playing it once you reach exalted.

I have a suggestion - add rating and matchmaking on top of the already existing system (kind of like solo queue on retail, but ignore the comp requirements), with some cosmetic/mount rewards for rating perhaps (or gear, but cosmetics is enough).

Why?

1 - With matchmaking and rating system, people will face more equally geared and skilled players. Right now on my full naxx geared elemental shaman I roll over 90% of the people I face, and its not fun for anyone. I want a challenge and something to work towards, and the people I roll over are 3000 hp, ungeared and are probably not having a good time either, they just want to get to exalted for the gear - and they would have more fun doing so if they faced other low gear/rated people.

2 - With some additional rewards based on rating, on top of the already existing rewards, people will have a higher incentive to queue for the blood ring post exalted.

3 - The pvp community on the server isn't dead, but it's sleeping. With the naxx gear released people arent as hyped to push honor ranks, since T3 and other off-piece naxx items are better for most classes / specs. Ranking is also a hell of a commitment, which many people don't want to invest in. With a separate system (some kind of ranked arenas, perhaps rated solo queue 3v3) the sleeping pvpers could enjoy some kind of pvp that doesn't require all your spare time with interesting goals to work towards.

4 - Somewhere to compete. Queuing blood ring as skirmish or bgs are great fun, but there is no show/display of skill towards other players. Being able to attain arena rating for social status on the realm as a revered pvper is something a lot of pvpers would like.

Edit:
Now that T4 and beyond is announced, I think rated arenas should be added as new pvp content, and it should include rewards that are on par with naxx and beyond, which should be purchaseable with arena points and rating.
Last edited by Noshu on Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mativh
Posts: 253

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Mativh » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:42 am

When it comes to PvP on TWoW I think there should be especially a focus on world pvp and roleplaying pvp.
But I agree with you, rating makes arenas much more enjoyable.
Also rated arenas for each level bracket would be a good way of incentivizing a deeper dive into non-max level content.
I think it's in line with Turtle WoWs focus on levelling and activities on lower levels.
The rewards could be thematically tied to the zones of each level bracket.
_________________
Something extra:

Imagine the arenas that are non-instanced in the world, having an NPC to whom the participants talk, they receive an item, and an invisible barrier appears in the designated area, and only players can go through who have that item in the inventory, other players could be live spectators, they could bet gold on who will win between each other other.

And there could be hardcore players doing arena where once killed the same happens as in duels, but at that moment the crowd would be prompted with a message whether to let live or allow to kill the hardcore participant, if majority chooses to allow to kill, the hardcore player enters into combat again, then it would depend on the opponent.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:15 am

Mativh wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:42 am
When it comes to PvP on TWoW I think there should be especially a focus on world pvp and roleplaying pvp.
But I agree with you, rating makes arenas much more enjoyable.
Also rated arenas for each level bracket would be a good way of incentivizing a deeper dive into non-max level content.
I think it's in line with Turtle WoWs focus on levelling and activities on lower levels.
The rewards could be thematically tied to the zones of each level bracket.
_________________
Something extra:

Imagine the arenas that are non-instanced in the world, having an NPC to whom the participants talk, they receive an item, and an invisible barrier appears in the designated area, and only players can go through who have that item in the inventory, other players could be live spectators, they could bet gold on who will win between each other other.

And there could be hardcore players doing arena where once killed the same happens as in duels, but at that moment the crowd would be prompted with a message whether to let live or allow to kill the hardcore participant, if majority chooses to allow to kill, the hardcore player enters into combat again, then it would depend on the opponent.
Yea, unfortunately there is no world pvp since its a pve server, but thats okay in my opinion as long as there is great endgame pvp content, such as rated arenas.

I like your extra idea a lot, that would definetly be something interesting :)

Brisspvp
Posts: 20

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Brisspvp » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 am

Tbh I would prefer Rated Arenas over a PvP Server.

I also like the idea stated above for Rated Arenas for every level Bracket to give you something to do while leveling. I honestly would love this so much.
1,000 HKs per level challenge (starting at 10)
10 Twink Rogue PvP BiS List
Sergeant Scifi 10 Twink Rogue
79 HKs
4-1 WSG
2-0 Blood Ring

Xudo
Posts: 1502
Has liked: 49 times
Likes: 8 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Xudo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:09 am

Brisspvp wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 am
Tbh I would prefer Rated Arenas over a PvP Server.

I also like the idea stated above for Rated Arenas for every level Bracket to give you something to do while leveling. I honestly would love this so much.
Are you ready to spend ~400 gold on each bracket to enchant your character to pvp in rated arenas?
Your main opponents on high ratings will be twinks enchanted like they are going to naxx.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:31 am

Brisspvp wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 am
Tbh I would prefer Rated Arenas over a PvP Server.

I also like the idea stated above for Rated Arenas for every level Bracket to give you something to do while leveling. I honestly would love this so much.
I totally agree, now that the pvp server is announced we can only hope that the population doesnt disappear completely and no more arena queues :/

Dannyp92
Posts: 64

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Dannyp92 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:25 pm

Noshu wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:31 am
Brisspvp wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 am
Tbh I would prefer Rated Arenas over a PvP Server.

I also like the idea stated above for Rated Arenas for every level Bracket to give you something to do while leveling. I honestly would love this so much.
I totally agree, now that the pvp server is announced we can only hope that the population doesnt disappear completely and no more arena queues :/
This is what I fear; that the PvP-community on the original server becomes near non-existant

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:36 am

Xudo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:09 am
Brisspvp wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 am
Tbh I would prefer Rated Arenas over a PvP Server.

I also like the idea stated above for Rated Arenas for every level Bracket to give you something to do while leveling. I honestly would love this so much.
Are you ready to spend ~400 gold on each bracket to enchant your character to pvp in rated arenas?
Your main opponents on high ratings will be twinks enchanted like they are going to naxx.
Well it would be fun for the twink brackets though

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:58 pm

Dannyp92 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:25 pm
Noshu wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:31 am
Brisspvp wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 am
Tbh I would prefer Rated Arenas over a PvP Server.

I also like the idea stated above for Rated Arenas for every level Bracket to give you something to do while leveling. I honestly would love this so much.
I totally agree, now that the pvp server is announced we can only hope that the population doesnt disappear completely and no more arena queues :/
This is what I fear; that the PvP-community on the original server becomes near non-existant
Yea feels like the risk for this is huge considering fresh realms always get an extreme hypetrain

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:36 pm

Please we need rated arenas!

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:01 pm

give us rated blood ring!

User avatar
Mativh
Posts: 253

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Mativh » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:16 pm

Noshu wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:36 am
Xudo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:09 am
Brisspvp wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 am
Tbh I would prefer Rated Arenas over a PvP Server.

I also like the idea stated above for Rated Arenas for every level Bracket to give you something to do while leveling. I honestly would love this so much.
Are you ready to spend ~400 gold on each bracket to enchant your character to pvp in rated arenas?
Your main opponents on high ratings will be twinks enchanted like they are going to naxx.
Well it would be fun for the twink brackets though
That is why high level enchants should either be restricted to high level items while lower levels would get a lesser xyz equivalent of those or new low level enchants... or enchants should be weakened if used by a lower level player, similarly how spell power coefficient loses 3% potency every level below 20.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:43 pm

Mativh wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:16 pm
Noshu wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:36 am
Xudo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:09 am


Are you ready to spend ~400 gold on each bracket to enchant your character to pvp in rated arenas?
Your main opponents on high ratings will be twinks enchanted like they are going to naxx.
Well it would be fun for the twink brackets though
That is why high level enchants should either be restricted to high level items while lower levels would get a lesser xyz equivalent of those or new low level enchants... or enchants should be weakened if used by a lower level player, similarly how spell power coefficient loses 3% potency every level below 20.
yea tbh I dont care about the low level. Just give us rated arenas at lvl 60

Maurinch
Posts: 19

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Maurinch » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:49 am

Yeah. Kinda agree if there would be rating gear which comparable as naxx gear probably there must be rating. But other problem is they need to balance pvp classes first. If I cant deal with paladins in new server as Horde player. in Telabim I would not agree if highest rating would very hard to get.

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:09 am

Maurinch wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:49 am
Yeah. Kinda agree if there would be rating gear which comparable as naxx gear probably there must be rating. But other problem is they need to balance pvp classes first. If I cant deal with paladins in new server as Horde player. in Telabim I would not agree if highest rating would very hard to get.
na, screw balancing, just add rated 3v3. Ret paladins are going to be useless in a rated 3v3 match. There will be a lot of different viable comps

Tastinggoman
Posts: 7

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Tastinggoman » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:52 pm

Yes I agree. I dont think turtle team should focus on balancing arena.
Blood ring is a big stage as no items/potions are banned here.
I believe there is no class to be unplayable in arena.
For example, lock is very strong, but what if ppl spend some gold to get Glimmering Mithril and shadow reflection? Things would have been completely different. If the answer is: nah, blacksmith/engineering do not help raiding, then arena is not the right place for them to stay.
For those ppl who keep crying some specs/classes to be imba/op, they are free to level one ofc.
As far as I observed, those crying babies usually blame anything but their own skills

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:06 pm

Tastinggoman wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:52 pm
Yes I agree. I dont think turtle team should focus on balancing arena.
Blood ring is a big stage as no items/potions are banned here.
I believe there is no class to be unplayable in arena.
For example, lock is very strong, but what if ppl spend some gold to get Glimmering Mithril and shadow reflection? Things would have been completely different. If the answer is: nah, blacksmith/engineering do not help raiding, then arena is not the right place for them to stay.
For those ppl who keep crying some specs/classes to be imba/op, they are free to level one ofc.
As far as I observed, those crying babies usually blame anything but their own skills
word

User avatar
Anadrol
Posts: 65

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Anadrol » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:07 am

Is good idea, but with another map, this maps IS so hard for hunters

Krotux
Posts: 161
Likes: 3 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Krotux » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:42 am

#1 thing to do is ban consumables in arena to start with

Tastinggoman
Posts: 7

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Tastinggoman » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:12 pm

it is very sad to see poorly geared players being farmed/slaughtered by fully geared players. They deserve a better pvp environment.

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:24 am

Tastinggoman wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:12 pm
it is very sad to see poorly geared players being farmed/slaughtered by fully geared players. They deserve a better pvp environment.
Yea, and rating will help with this since the more geared people are likely to get more rating

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:22 am

Krotux wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:42 am
#1 thing to do is ban consumables in arena to start with
Yea rated arenas should be without consumes imo

Krotux
Posts: 161
Likes: 3 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Krotux » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:45 am

Bring rated arena with zero consumables and plz let me cast spells without using up soul shards...that shit is awful to farm.

Thebigzang
Posts: 1

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Thebigzang » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:43 am

Please implement rated arena!!!!

It would be really cool to be able to do this in vanilla wow.

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:21 am

Krotux wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:45 am
Bring rated arena with zero consumables and plz let me cast spells without using up soul shards...that shit is awful to farm.
+1

User avatar
Steakhouse
Posts: 30
Likes: 6 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Steakhouse » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:31 pm

+1 for consumes off and rated arenas.

I'd go a step further and also introduce rated BGs, it's one of my favorite features in retails.

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:12 pm

Steakhouse wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:31 pm
+1 for consumes off and rated arenas.

I'd go a step further and also introduce rated BGs, it's one of my favorite features in retails.
Let's have both!

Tinyplease
Posts: 23

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Tinyplease » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:38 pm

Rated BR gonna suck without addressing class balance first.
Make balance at least better than 1.12

User avatar
Steakhouse
Posts: 30
Likes: 6 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Steakhouse » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:12 pm

Tinyplease wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:38 pm
Rated BR gonna suck without addressing class balance first.
Make balance at least better than 1.12
This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think class balance is such a priority before introducing rated systems. Very few esports have actually balanced rosters : any fighting game has tiers (ie unbalanced rosters), as does huge esports like LoL ... The meta will develop.

Moreover WoW is such a complex games that if you make classes balanced for 3v3, then they likely won't be balanced for raiding, BGs, and solo. It's not impossible, but an extremely difficult balancing act, that doesn't seem, to me, like TWoW's mission statement.

I do agree tho that faction-exclusive classes might become an issue for rated pvp ... But again I think we should give it a shot with classes as is.

User avatar
Majestik51
Posts: 388
Contact:

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:40 am

BIG +++
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Tinyplease
Posts: 23

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Tinyplease » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:28 am

Steakhouse wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:12 pm
Tinyplease wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:38 pm
Rated BR gonna suck without addressing class balance first.
Make balance at least better than 1.12
This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think class balance is such a priority before introducing rated systems. Very few esports have actually balanced rosters : any fighting game has tiers (ie unbalanced rosters), as does huge esports like LoL ... The meta will develop.

Moreover WoW is such a complex games that if you make classes balanced for 3v3, then they likely won't be balanced for raiding, BGs, and solo. It's not impossible, but an extremely difficult balancing act, that doesn't seem, to me, like TWoW's mission statement.

I do agree tho that faction-exclusive classes might become an issue for rated pvp ... But again I think we should give it a shot with classes as is.
Yea but balance on Turtle is even worse than 1.12.
Paladins are utterly broken.

Frantsel
Posts: 207
Has liked: 5 times
Likes: 3 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Frantsel » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:19 pm

Mage, Pala combinations will completely dominate rated arenas. No chance to beat em because they have so many resets/stuns..

Krotux
Posts: 161
Likes: 3 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Krotux » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:32 pm

Paladins are so bad lol, their own stun can be randomly resisted by orcs. Agree with mages being strong though

Tinyplease
Posts: 23

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Tinyplease » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:18 pm

lmao "paladin bad cuz orc racial"
Idiocy

Noshu
Posts: 82
Likes: 2 times

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Noshu » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:38 am

Steakhouse wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:12 pm
Tinyplease wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:38 pm
Rated BR gonna suck without addressing class balance first.
Make balance at least better than 1.12
This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think class balance is such a priority before introducing rated systems. Very few esports have actually balanced rosters : any fighting game has tiers (ie unbalanced rosters), as does huge esports like LoL ... The meta will develop.

Moreover WoW is such a complex games that if you make classes balanced for 3v3, then they likely won't be balanced for raiding, BGs, and solo. It's not impossible, but an extremely difficult balancing act, that doesn't seem, to me, like TWoW's mission statement.

I do agree tho that faction-exclusive classes might become an issue for rated pvp ... But again I think we should give it a shot with classes as is.
yea, just ignore balance and give us the rated arenas. It's not like adding rated are going to make the server less fun or playable

Post Reply