Catalogue of Possible Player Homes

Kazgrim

Catalogue of Possible Player Homes

Post by Kazgrim » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:52 am

Running around Stormwind I noticed that quite a few buildings were empty of NPCs. This got me thinking; wouldn't it be cool if players could claim these homes as their own? I'll make a separate thread expanding on that idea. This thread is dedicated to document empty homes / buildings that players could use. I plan to go through all the cities and search the wilderness / towns for more. For now, let's start with Stormwind:

STORMWIND:
Building 1
Type: Personal Residence
Pictures:
Building 2
Type: Guild Hall / Social Club
Pictures:
Building 3
Type: Tailor Shop
Pictures:
Building 4
Type: Tavern
Pictures:
Building 5
Type: Fletcher Shop
Pictures:
Building 6
Type: Tavern
Pictures:
Building 7
Type: Personal Residence
Pictures:
Building 8
Type: Armor Shop
Pictures:
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Realnicolbolas

Re: Catalogue of Possible Player Homes

Post by Realnicolbolas » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:21 am

I want to personally claim the Cutthroat alley residence please. whats the procedure for doing so?

Sheila

Post by Sheila » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:14 am

We at Blue Anchor wouldn't mind a little trade shop in Stormwind in the future, would be cool to see people doing all kinds of things with the empty buildings.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:45 am

Cutthroat alley will be used for high elves, so scratch that off the list.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:13 am

Kazgrim wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:52 am
Running around Stormwind I noticed that quite a few buildings were empty of NPCs. This got me thinking; wouldn't it be cool if players could claim these homes as their own?
Not a bad idea. I remember playing on a roleplay server back in the day and seeing people fight over these buildings. Haven't seen that here. But it would be neat if you added a locked door to them, and a single player could buy a deed to the building from a GM to claim it. Could cost a lot of in-game gold or maybe just be awarded to certain players at the discretion of the administration. Or it could just be calling dibs in a thread.

Anyway, Stormwind definitely has probably the most empty buildings. If anywhere has it beat, I'd guess maybe Darnassus, but a lot of those empty buildings are so small. Ironforge has at least a couple, and I remember using one as my character's home back in vanilla and never getting unwanted guests because everyone was too busy fighting over Stormwind. Horde-side sort of lacks those empty buildings since I believe their capitals were done last. Undercity has an unused second floor if memory serves, but not much up there, and of course there's stuff like Old Ironforge.

I think you missed a couple spaces in Stormwind, but I'm just working off memory. The canal area should have an extra shop or two, I think one might be a tailoring shop. There's also the old auction house/bank (courthouse?) in the dwarf district, but I wouldn't be shocked if you're also holding that for high elves for the expansion.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:16 pm

Please feel free to contribute to the thread with more possible player homes with the same format as I've created. Ironforge definitely has a lot of empty places too.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Dun Morogh got some vacant places too.
Durotar got some spots as well. Barrens… Places are everywhere.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.