Transmogrification

Dandilion

Transmogrification

Post by Dandilion » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:57 pm

I would like to ask if there's a chance adding transmogrification here? We are RP fans and enjoy this kind of features.

Bowser

Re: Transmogrification

Post by Bowser » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Technically possible but we would like to hear additional opinions on this matter.

Ayahuasca

Post by Ayahuasca » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 am

I think it would be a nice addition.
Howdy

Evermorne

Post by Evermorne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:24 am

I would prefer if we would keep the spirit of the original game - colorful and mismatched armor has it's own type of charm.

Edo

Post by Edo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Mismatched armor is the way to go for vanilla, i agree. Although, maybe if there were transmogrification tokens as rare drops from mage type mobs or as quest rewards, it could be unintrusive and lore friendly. Would boost the economy if they were boe aswell.

Kez

Post by Kez » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Back in my day we used to keep sets around for rp purposes. We didn't raid in our fishing gear nor should you be practicing blacksmithing with a set of daggers on your belt. Nasty scenes in the dwarven district from the unwashed masses

Laizek

Post by Laizek » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 am

In my opinion transmog should stay off from Vanilla. Mismatched armor has its own charm!

Bullgus

Post by Bullgus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:53 am

I don't like the idea of Transmog. It should stay original. Otherwise it will break immersion.
"Mess with the bull and you get the horns!"

Valjan

Post by Valjan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:02 pm

I prefer Transmog from an RP standpoint when it comes to PvP realms precisely because world PvP in RP gear is a great way to always have your group wiped. Since this is a PvE realm I don't believe that will ever be an issue so I think transmog should remain out as you can just store that gear and wear it when you wish.

Ninten

Post by Ninten » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:12 pm

I hope we won't get any transmogrification although I think Edo's idea could be a cool compromise as long as it's very rare.

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:21 am

Greetings!

This queston already was addressed in on our Q&A, you can check it here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21

Neria

Post by Neria » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:21 am

Not a fan of having transmog, I feel like it's more immersive to change your outfit manually.

Eleison

Post by Eleison » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:09 am

I wouldn't mind it since I quite like the tier sets and other matching outfits, and I rarely get to see them since a full tier set is almost never the best you can wear stat-wise.
I do understand the argument against it though, and losing half a bag and having to manually switch isn't that big a deal.
So it's not a hill I'll die on

Mamozen

Post by Mamozen » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:24 am

"Otherwise it will break immersion."

"Since this is a PvE realm I don't believe that will ever be an issue so I think transmog should remain out as you can just store that gear and wear it when you wish."

Those are some weird ways of looking at things. I kind of agree with the multiple RP sets logic, but still, your character's main outfit is how they choose to present themselves. So it would make perfect sense to include transmog.

Honestly, you have to think to yourself, would Jaina or Thrall want to be caught dead in garishly clashing gear?

Of course not. That's not the kind of clothing they're known for, is it?

Weilan

Post by Weilan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:59 pm

Here is Khadgar: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wow ... ar_WoD.png

His robe isn't as full as the ones offered in-game for playable characters, I think I've seen some mages/wizards NPCs who don't wear robes.

I think it doesn't break immersion to not wanting to wear a skirt/bath robe/dressing gown/bed robe when you go to fight for justice...

I think it would be fair to at least allow an option to change the chest CLOTH robe into a chest CLOTH shirt. Even that will make it so much better IMO. smiling_turtle

Eos

Post by Eos » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 pm

I personally dislike the idea of adding transmogs. If it was added, there should be a way to enable or disable it.

Weilan

Post by Weilan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Eos wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 pm
I personally dislike the idea of adding transmogs. If it was added, there should be a way to enable or disable it.
If you don't want to use it, they you don't have to.

It's pretty much the same argument as flying mounts - if you don't like flying mounts, you don't have to use them. Except in the case with flying mounts, it affects you, because if you're on a PvP server, you will suffer, when everyone travels in a straight line, and you have to use flight paths or travel by ground mount, avoiding aggressive mobs and enemy faction players, you will suffer.

In the case of transmogrification, it doesn't affect you if you decide not to use it. In my case, I don't like the idea of having a hunk human male mage that wears a skirt and looks really lame. That's the one thing I've always missed in Vanilla from future versions.

ESO has the best outfit system - you have your gear and you have your outfit, you can switch between them on the go, if you equp a new gear piece, it doesn't affect your current outfit and you don't have to go change it again every time you switch something.

Eos

Post by Eos » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Weilan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 pm
Eos wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 pm
If you don't want to use it, they you don't have to.

It's pretty much the same argument as flying mounts - if you don't like flying mounts, you don't have to use them. Except in the case with flying mounts, it affects you, because if you're on a PvP server, you will suffer, when everyone travels in a straight line, and you have to use flight paths or travel by ground mount, avoiding aggressive mobs and enemy faction players, you will suffer.

In the case of transmogrification, it doesn't affect you if you decide not to use it. In my case, I don't like the idea of having a hunk human male mage that wears a skirt and looks really lame. That's the one thing I've always missed in Vanilla from future versions.

ESO has the best outfit system - you have your gear and you have your outfit, you can switch between them on the go, if you equp a new gear piece, it doesn't affect your current outfit and you don't have to go change it again every time you switch something.
I would obviously choose not to use it in that scenario, but what I'm saying is I would also rather not see it as well. Just like as you'd rather not see a hunky male wear a skirt. I guess my preference is to see the equipment someone is actually using, and I don't mean this specifically for PvP purposes either. It's just a preference of mine.

I personally don't care whether people use it or not, it's just not my cup of tea. I don't really even use mogs in retail.

I suppose that's my idea of immersion. Having the transmogs adds another layer that I don't feel should be there.

EDIT: I probably didn't explain well before. The option to enable or disable mogs I was meaning the ability to see them at all, not the ability to use them in general.

Weilan

Post by Weilan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Yes I get what you meant from the start, I originally tried to convince you that just not using it doesn't change anything. But it seems it changes things for you and if it breaks your immersion, then I totally get it. I will wholeheartedly agree to have a built-in transmogrification in the game, but have a tick somewhere in the options where you can decide not to see it. That seems relatively feasible IMO.

Eos

Post by Eos » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Weilan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:25 pm
Yes I get what you meant from the start, I originally tried to convince you that just not using it doesn't change anything. But it seems it changes things for you and if it breaks your immersion, then I totally get it. I will wholeheartedly agree to have a built-in transmogrification in the game, but have a tick somewhere in the options where you can decide not to see it. That seems relatively feasible IMO.
In another thread they are discussing cosmetic items through the shop. For me, that's different that transmogrification items. It doesn't change what you have on. If you had an item that looked like an eye patch then I'd be okay with it. But if you have a leather helmet on, but it's showing as a eye patch then that just seems weird to me and that's where it breaks my immersion.

I don't care if people have items that are roleplay specific, it's just weird to me to be wearing one thing that shows as another...cause you're character isn't actually wearing it. sad_turtle_head

My 2c.

I probably have no right to talk as I don't really have much experience with in-game roleplay. All of my roleplay has been via forums in paragraph style. One reason I was interested in the server was to delve into in-game roleplay more. Even without roleplaying though, I've always turned my head at transmogs so I suppose it's just an overall preference of mine.

Selexin

Post by Selexin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:46 am

I think players who want 'transmog' should just utilise the vanilla method of 'outfits'. There are plenty of addons that can manage these, and can even change into the 'outfits' depending on if you are in a city or not etc.

I don't want transmog in vanilla. I like the idea of having battle armor, and dressing up for RP/Cities.

Weilan

Post by Weilan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 am

Selexin wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:46 am
I think players who want 'transmog' should just utilise the vanilla method of 'outfits'. There are plenty of addons that can manage these, and can even change into the 'outfits' depending on if you are in a city or not etc.

I don't want transmog in vanilla. I like the idea of having battle armor, and dressing up for RP/Cities.
Can you point me to what this is? I've played Vanilla a lot, but I'm not big on the addons or whatever.

Guffnat

Post by Guffnat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:38 am

With AddOns like Wardrobe or ItemRack you can create different outfits and switch between them. This is not only useful for RP but also for PVE (e.g. different sets of tanking/healing gear).

Selexin

Post by Selexin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:44 am

Weilan wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 am
Can you point me to what this is? I've played Vanilla a lot, but I'm not big on the addons or whatever.
As per above, also Outfitter which is the specific one I was referring to (Which has automatic switching options).

Enjoy!

Reidforspeed

Post by Reidforspeed » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:12 pm

These are some personal consequences with or without Transmog:

Without Transmog
- I can't roleplay my stealthy Troll rogue when I have bright red, green, purple clothes on (not to mention the Hordes obsession with thigh revealing outfits, but that's just a personal gripe in relation to my character).
- I can't roleplay through dungeons because my rp gear is way underleveled
- I can't roleplay in combat because my combat rp gear is vastly underleveled
- When roleplaying in the world accidental combat can mean death since i can't switch to my main ooc gear while in combat. Vanilla isnt very forgiving to allow that much leeway in armor stagnancy.
- My desire for an original identity is gone when multiple characters of the same (or sharing) class sport the exact same armor (certain level points where viable gear variety is narrowed, but mostly at 60).

With Transmog
- People break rp by wearing immersion breaking outfits. (They will do this either way just to be annoying)
- We have to spend 5-10 seconds inspecting characters to ensure they're geared to dungeon/raid with. (Considering the community size, being blacklisted is alot harder to work around)

Considering this is a Roleplay server from the start, any violation of that aspect by a player can be justifiably reported and taken care of by the Turtle Team. I say if you can, bring on the transmog, mon.

Thage

Post by Thage » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Personally, I find unified outfits (via transmogrification) more immersive than mismatched clown armor, considering most NPCs wear outfits that match and very few if any are wearing, say, Heroism Battlegear with Judgement shoulders and Edgemaster's Gauntlets.

I do like the idea of implementing a lore-friendly system by having it be done via tokens dropped off mobs or quest rewards (it would also help 'fill in' some quests that feel underwhelming from a risk-reward viewpoint).

Potatoknight

Post by Potatoknight » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:11 pm

+1 for unrestricted transmog! I'd say let people transmog across armor types too for those people who wanna RP battle mages in partial plate, barbarians in leather, etc!

Notrax

Post by Notrax » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:59 pm

I think there could be a 50/50 Deal with this. Myself i am all for blizzlike experience but having a transmog for uncommon-Green-Blue items would work for Roleplay. For example a transmog of the mail armor from Scarlet. But i would not like the idea that somebody can transmog in to a T2 Paladin.
Watch the turtle. He only moves forward by sticking his neck out. sad_turtle_head

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Transmog is nice when it's equivalent gear type + class proficiency.

Less confusing + some style to it. Crosstype is a mess worse you can't even imagine.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Potatoknight

Post by Potatoknight » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Less confusing + some style to it. Crosstype is a mess worse you can't even imagine.
What do you mean by class proficiency? Also I'm concerned about some specs who by the very nature of classic itemization need to wear cloth (Druid/Shaman/Paladin healers for example).

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:44 pm

Potatoknight wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 pm
Sinrek wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:07 pm

What do you mean by class proficiency? Also I'm concerned about some specs who by the very nature of classic itemization need to wear cloth (Druid/Shaman/Paladin healers for example).
Every class has it's own proficiency for armor types. You know; mages, priests and warlocks can wear cloth only. Hunters, rogues and druids can wear cloth and leather and so on… hence you could transmog only those your class can wear actually.

For example, you're a warrior below level 40, so you can wear cloth, leather and mail armor. Consequently you can transmog any type you wear to the appropriate one; cloth to cloth, leather to leather and mail to mail.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:37 am

The only way I would like to see transmog is to make it change ONLY the color of an item without changing its shape or texture. This way we still would be able to get consistent look (like having all parts of armor in the same color tone).

For example (I know that in this case it would not make a lot difference but anyway you get what I mean):
following armor: https://www.wowhead.com/item=2392/light ... bonus=4768
could be transformed into: https://www.wowhead.com/item=3151/siege-brigade-vest
or: https://www.wowhead.com/item=4922/jagged-chain-vest
or: https://www.wowhead.com/item=2656/flims ... bonus=3807

BUT NOT into: https://www.wowhead.com/item=3471/copper-chain-vest
nor: https://www.wowhead.com/item=2386/ruste ... bonus=4768

Thus it would work more like a recolor/dyes from Diablo 3/Guild Wars 2/Ultima Online instead of WoW's transmog that changes item shapes, however I'm not sure how this can be easily implemented.

Also I would make this color-change fairly cheap and make it DON'T require you to own/loot the item of desired look -> just go to vendor, pay small amount of gold and select other available color variant (dye) of the same texture.
Maelstrom, Night Elf Druid
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Gachiguru

Post by Gachiguru » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:18 pm

No transmog :)

N00d13s

Post by N00d13s » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Gachiguru wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:18 pm
No transmog :)
Very much this!

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:48 pm

no.

No.

NO!
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link