A quick analysis

Peeves

A quick analysis

Post by Peeves » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:49 pm

I did a short research on the community and the needs of the realm by interviewing both new, old, active and un-active players. For validation purposes, those players were:
Stewart - Level 5 Warrior
Peis - Level 36 Hunter
Mond - Level 9 Priest
Jet - Level 17 Rogue
Gwynnbleid - Level 10 Warrior
The gathered information also takes in account my interactions with both level 60 players and new-born characters. I hope this list is to be used as a roadmap by some developers, or at least stimulate us all to make this server a better place.

The overall consensus of these people, ranked least to most desired changes:
More turtles
Turtle quests
World drops accessibility
Remove guilds
Protection Paladin and Bear Druid buff
More free vanity
More people
Mutual faction quests
More events
Some free gold
More GM presence in-game
Dungeon group rewards
Fake auction house
Close the Gurubashi Arena event

Sinrek

Re: A quick analysis

Post by Sinrek » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:05 pm

For scientifical approach and more accurate changes / desires people would like to have on Turtle WoW I'd suggest you to interview at least 50 if not 100 people during the week span at least. After that you could come up with some roadlists for changes for devs to have a look at. No offense.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Broglin

Post by Broglin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:07 pm

As Sinrek said, hardly a large sample of people there. If this was hosted as a 'funserver' I could see the request for more free vanity etc but it's not. It's RP/PvE so things have to be found or earned.

Remove guilds... what would that acheive. They have no advantages over being unguilded. They are a nice way for people to get to know each other and they fill various roles. We have a guild that is dedicated to dungeon running, another that is community minded and one that is for the people more inclined to roleplay. They obviously cross over in what they are doing and they also co-operate with each other so again, why the heck would you ban guilds?

More GM presence, well there I do agree, always nice to see them say hello and check in on the server. Of course that might lead to people jumping on them for things when they have admins work to do so that has to be respected and besides, you never know who yo might be rubbing shoulders with when you are grabbing a drink in Booty Bay.

Peeves

Post by Peeves » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:04 am

As a side-note, because you guys perceived my work as one with scientific intentions - it's not. I made this to demonstrate what fellow players think of the server, because no such thing has been done, not by GMs, not by players. I have no intent on expanding the research, because it was made for fun. I agree that a much larger research with similar point would prove more useful to the community, but this one is made to demonstrate that there are some opinions that you guys might've not heard floating around. I think what we may conclude from this is that the server's future is dictated by the active forum players only, while opinions by those stated by me, even though still posted on the forums, get much less recognition. Those players are not active here, because they believe in the concept you proved yourselves - their suggestion will remain unheard. While the majority of devs and GMs are active and responsive, not every suggestion gets a light shed on. While this is still perfectly fine by me, underestimating those player's desires of change, as you did just above, is a way to show everyone that you guys control the development cycle and not them. Not being critical of your behavior, it's just that the only thing you are proving by your replies here, is that you are against changes suggested by others.

In relation to Sinrek's response - first you tell me to go post on Suggestions, then you come here telling me it's not good enough (for you). Well, sorry to point fingers, but you are part of the reason why those players don't visit the forums. Just a friendly suggestion - being in such a small community, if you see something that you disagree with, jumping the opposite wagon will only divides us. I made this thread as an idea to unite all parts of the community, but you only get in the way. Sorry.

Here's some facts you don't seem to pay enough attention to:
Truth is always in the middle. - Thinking you are correct is always wrong.
Low level players' desires are valued less. - Standing against us doesn't prove anything.
Not all suggestions are great. - Nether are those posted by me.
Volume makes for quality. - It's actually the other way around.

In relation to Broglin's response - The 'fun-server' desires of these people are based off the need for trade. There's hardly anyone to trade with, so making just 1 gold to train spells may take hours upon hours of side-farming, and that's just to train your spells. Your start outta been different, maybe you started Day 1, like most of us, but just me still roams around Elwynn Forest and looks for new players and man, I'm telling you, if it wasn't for me, most of them would've stayed on Milly's Harvest and such for days, or even quit. I'm NOT trying to shed light on myself, I'm stating it as a proof of my engagement with new players starting just now.

Removing guilds was a point I suggested, that many of the interviewed agree with. The reason being is that the starter guilds feel more homely than the others. Low level players sometime prefer even staying in there, or having no guild, than joining a coin-farming guild, and I can totally understand their motives. Being in a large new players guild like the starter one, is, for new players, a way to get some trading going on, or maybe find a group to help them out. The other option is of course the Social menu. Grabbing three pints of beer for free doesn't amount to the help you might receive from questing together or trading. New players are sacrificing going to dungeons, just because of the negative connotations attached to one of Alliance's guilds. Guilds in a roleplaying server only turns the page to player-like events - farming coins, buffing up for dungeons and such - getting the best out of the game. Roleplaying is usually much simpler than that and has very different core values than the ones I stated.

As a last note - A growing community has growing needs. Something to think about.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:12 am

Peeves wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:04 am
In relation to Sinrek's response - first you tell me to go post on Suggestions, then you come here telling me it's not good enough (for you). Well, sorry to point fingers, but you are part of the reason why those players don't visit the forums. Just a friendly suggestion - being in such a small community, if you see something that you disagree with, jumping the opposite wagon will only divides us. I made this thread as an idea to unite all parts of the community, but you only get in the way. Sorry.

Here's some facts you don't seem to pay enough attention to:
Truth is always in the middle. - Thinking you are correct is always wrong.
Low level players' desires are valued less. - Standing against us doesn't prove anything.
Not all suggestions are great. - Nether are those posted by me.
Volume makes for quality. - It's actually the other way around.

As a last note - A growing community has growing needs. Something to think about.
Let me see if I understand… wary_turtle_head

You made a quick analisys with a not very sound (since it's only you who took the advantage to post anything at all) minority of players who find the server too much of a hardship to overcome hence they complain of hard things to you (you asked for it, right?) and they would like to see these changes but they do not post anything since they are … what? Afraid of critics on the internet? unhappy_turtle_head

Don't get me wrong. I admire and honor the role you took to make this opinion sound and to be heard, I support more turtle quests, more people, more free vanity and more GM presence in-game (I remember they even made a quiz once! happy_turtle_head ). Everything else is either partially there or unnecessary for the rest of majority server population…
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Peeves

Post by Peeves » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:18 am

In relation to your summary - yes, with the exception of the reasoning - they don't visit the forums because they couldn't be arsed enough to defend their case.

Anyways, glad to read some on-topic post from you.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:21 am

Wellp… Kinda sad to observe people who want something but cba to do anything to have it, right? wary_turtle_head

Peeves

Post by Peeves » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:23 am

Make a suggestion to increase forum activity if that troubles you.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 am

Well, there's no suggestion would force people to post here, right?

Peeves

Post by Peeves » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:03 am

Well, then, here's my suggestion encompassing a small amount of these people.

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:10 pm

I thought the OP was satire? Fake AH? dungeon group rewards? Why is everone taking it serious?

The 'more turtles' should have given it away :P
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]