Simple Suggestion to stop pvp burnout

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Simple Suggestion to stop pvp burnout

Post by Geojak » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:27 pm

Ever felt like, if you don't pvp on, you will lose all your progress.

No pause possible!

Feeling pressured yet?

Here is a simple fix that won't make reaching rank 14 any bit faster.
But It will put people at ease at the same time.
No more pvp burnouts

How?
Make it so you can't lose ranks.
Just that simple.
You still lose ranking points and can fall all the way back to 0 points towards the next rank, but you can't fall lower than your all time highest rank.
if you want to pvp on, you can pick it right up.
IF you want to pvp only to rank 7 and feel pressured that you should continue atleast until 10 or all your works goes to waste or needs to be repeated later.. With this you dont have to worry about it no more.

Hardcore pvpees never lose ranks anyway until rank 14. This suggestions changes absolutely 0 for them. It won't be any faster. But It will allow them to pause their progress at any time and only lose their current progress towards the next rank, a higher ranks maybe a few weeks, at mid ranks maybe two, but no more than that ans they can always pick up from there again.

To reach rank 14 you still need to be extremely high placed for multiple weeks in order to progress from 13 to 14, since the rp loss is still there unchanged.

I can't believe this would be too hard to implement.
But it would make a HUGE difference towards preventing pvp burnouts without actually dumbing down the system.

Please make it happen, this or something like this to fix a system that encourages, even requires playing way more than what is healthy for any human being,ans this without a pause allowed.

Even if TWoW isn't a world pvp server, the pvp system and battlegrounds are still a huge thing for players at 60. This would be a significant improvement over vanilla without completely changing it (like tbc)

Augustfenix85

Re: Simple Suggestion to stop pvp burnout

Post by Augustfenix85 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:07 pm

+1
Duvall 60 Hunter
Velissa 41 Priest
Calmore 60 Shaman Tank
Malcore 52 Warlock
Splodax 36 Rogue
Ghostbc 41 Paladin
Hanami 60 Druid
Reidobosu 43 Warrior

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:13 pm

This would be a fair change.

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:56 pm

The rank loss serves a purpose, but you are right that it is too fast and can lead to burn out, I think that a significantly reduced speed of the loss of ranking would definitely be a welcome change.
I'd add that what should lower ranking & loss of honor points is ganking (like killing greys).
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:21 am

I wouldn't want to change the speed that rp is lost. I don't think most pvpee want it any easier, they know its a tough challenge and go for it.

But what they probably don't like is, that they can never take a week of or all goes to ruins, especially at higher ranks there is significant pvping required just for maintenance.

Reducing the speed of rp loss, does alleviate the issue of no breaks, but it doesn't solve it. At the same time it also makes pvp ranking probably overall easier, which is not needed imo.

That's why i think my suggestion is more favourable, since it's the smaller deviation from vanilla, but still fixes the issue.

Cap rp loss at 0 poojnts towards the next rank, but no further, never downrank players.

IF a player pushed to rank 10. Allow him to do something else for a month until he feels refreshed and goes for rank 11 for a month. My suggestion allows this due a break instead of forcing him into burnout.

But my suggestion also won't make it any easier to get from rank 10 to 11. There is no change to it

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:03 pm

Lots of players would benefit. It could even make people pvp at lower brackets, since their time spent won't be wasted anymore if the don't keep on pvping at all times once started, and then they got looked in a trearmill, so they don't even start

This should change

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3194&p=19445&sid=2 ... 6fc#p19445
updateed suggestion, now with an ingame qeust to return from pvpv retirement for 100g and restore pvp life time high rank

Absolon

Post by Absolon » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:23 am

I would like to see honor as a currency, can take super long to get an item, but you no longer need to deal with deranking

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:58 am

Absolon wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:23 am
I would like to see honor as a currency, can take super long to get an item, but you no longer need to deal with deranking
Being honest, I have mixed feelings about the TBC Honor System. I thought the whole honor = currency thing was a good practice, but I'm anything but a career PvPer. I'm interested in what the real veterans of vanilla PvP have to say, but I suspect that it's a very small minority who believe, in practice, having to turn an entire week or more into a no-life career PvP bootcamp is a good thing.

For me personally, I'd rather have the honor as currency, but then you'd have to figure out how to manage the Title / Ranks system that a lot of people want for bragging rights. Maybe have them as part of an independent system that functions as it currently does? Title / bragging rights only, or some other fringe benefit?
Last edited by Redmagejoe on Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:03 am

I would want to keep the ranks, I also don't want to maker it easier, 800 ghost rankers are doing nicely and I think is enough.

But never being allowed to take a break. I think this can be alleviated without negative impact, or atleast, the benefits weight heavier

Gutsngrits

Post by Gutsngrits » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:42 am

+1

Hir3

Post by Hir3 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:10 pm

Agree. One of the issues with Vanilla PvP was how a Grand Marshal toon would be multi-logged by different people 24 hours to maintain rank. Don't think that's common here, but it happens.

I also think that ganking grey level players should inevitably derank you, however.